What the hell has happened to this place?

Old December 5th, 2011, 07:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

Default What the hell has happened to this place?

Go on FB and search "ROFF" in the search bar.
Frank Reid
Old December 10th, 2011, 05:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw56

On Dec 5, 11:16*am, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
Go on FB and search "ROFF" in the search bar.
Frank Reid

I rather like this place now -- just a few old timers gathered around
a dying campfire.
Old December 10th, 2011, 04:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Dec 9, 10:45*pm, rw56 wrote:
On Dec 5, 11:16*am, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

Go on FB and search "ROFF" in the search bar.
Frank Reid

I rather like this place now -- just a few old timers gathered around
a dying campfire.

WHO YOU CALLING OLD!!!
Frank Reid
Old December 10th, 2011, 09:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Frank Reid © 2010 typed:
On Dec 9, 10:45 pm, rw56 wrote:
On Dec 5, 11:16 am, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

Go on FB and search "ROFF" in the search bar.
Frank Reid

I rather like this place now -- just a few old timers gathered around
a dying campfire.

WHO YOU CALLING OLD!!!

You remember 300 baud modems, floppy disks, and parallel ports, right? Need
I say more?
--
TL,
Tim

Old December 10th, 2011, 10:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Tim J. typed:
Frank Reid © 2010 typed:
On Dec 9, 10:45 pm, rw56 wrote:
On Dec 5, 11:16 am, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

Go on FB and search "ROFF" in the search bar.
Frank Reid

I rather like this place now -- just a few old timers gathered
around a dying campfire.

WHO YOU CALLING OLD!!!

You remember 300 baud modems, floppy disks, and parallel ports,
right? Need I say more?

Just thought of another. Last week, the 386SX AST PC we have been using
since it was new for our phone ACD system gave out. I was the only one who
was saddened.
--
TL,
Tim

Old December 10th, 2011, 11:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

On 12/10/2011 3:59 PM, Tim J. wrote:
Frank Reid © typed:
On Dec 9, 10:45 pm, wrote:
On Dec 5, 11:16 am, Frank Reid © wrote:

Go on FB and search "ROFF" in the search bar.
Frank Reid

I rather like this place now -- just a few old timers gathered around
a dying campfire.

WHO YOU CALLING OLD!!!

You remember 300 baud modems, floppy disks, and parallel ports, right? Need
I say more?

300 baud?? jeez, you guys are geezer geeks!

jeff (Prodigy was my introduction to the internet...how "baudy" was that?)
Old December 11th, 2011, 01:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

jeff typed:
On Dec 9, 10:45 pm, wrote:
On Dec 5, 11:16 am, Frank Reid © wrote:

Go on FB and search "ROFF" in the search bar.
Frank Reid

I rather like this place now -- just a few old timers gathered
around a dying campfire.

WHO YOU CALLING OLD!!!

You remember 300 baud modems, floppy disks, and parallel ports,
right? Need I say more?

300 baud?? jeez, you guys are geezer geeks!

Yep. I don't know where ol' Stan has gone lately, but he has geezer geek
stories that would curl your hair.
--
TL,
Tim

Old December 11th, 2011, 01:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim Lysyk

On 10/12/2011 1:59 PM, Tim J. wrote:
Frank Reid © typed:
On Dec 9, 10:45 pm, wrote:
On Dec 5, 11:16 am, Frank Reid © wrote:

Go on FB and search "ROFF" in the search bar.
Frank Reid

I rather like this place now -- just a few old timers gathered around
a dying campfire.

WHO YOU CALLING OLD!!!

You remember 300 baud modems, floppy disks, and parallel ports, right? Need
I say more?

I remember punch cards and card readers. As well as all of the above.
Including cassette tape storage.

Tim Lysyk
Old December 11th, 2011, 03:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw56

On Dec 9, 10:45 pm, *wrote:
On Dec 5, 11:16 am, Frank Reid © *wrote:

Go on FB and search "ROFF" in the search bar.
Frank Reid

I rather like this place now -- just a few old timers gathered around
a dying campfire.

WHO YOU CALLING OLD!!!

You remember 300 baud modems, floppy disks, and parallel ports, right? Need
I say more?

I remember punch cards and card readers. As well as all of the above.
Including cassette tape storage.

Tim Lysyk

I wrote Fortran programs on punch cards in 1965. We used the chaff for
pranks -- throw a box of it in some nerd's closet and he'll never
clean it up because of the static charge. Remember the chain-driven
line printers? Remember ferrite-core RAM? Drum drives? Batch
processing? Remember when CDC and Honeywell and Univac were big
players? Time sharing? Dumb terminals? Remember DEC? Minicomputers?
Paper tape? PDP-11?
Old December 11th, 2011, 01:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

:

[...]

Remember when the workplace was lit by gaslights?