Finally going fishing (In which I admit to having a problem.)

Old March 31st, 2004, 04:10 PM
Brendan

Default Finally going fishing (In which I admit to having a problem.)

After months of pretty much no fishing what-so-ever (Here in the Southern
Hemisphere that means I've missed the last Autumn, Winter, Spring and
Summer) I'm finally going on a camping trip to a dam called Bulshoek. I'll
have to row in a 10ft inflatable canoe and the dam is narrow and about 9km's
long so it looks I'll also be working off some of the flab I've picked up
over the last few months.

I have come to the conclusion that fishing is worse than crack cocaine. The
withdrawal symptoms that you get from going without crack can't be half as
bad as what I've gone though lately and the feeling when I'm on the water...
I'm not even going to mention the feverish anticipation now that I know I'll
be getting some quality time on the water. It is really unfair on my
employer. I can't concentrate on a single non-fishing related thought for
more than a minute before my mind gets back to planning my attack on the
water. (I can actually feel the adrenaline picking up when I think about
it.).

I'll be cleaning out my box and respooling my line tonight. Then going
through my box tomorrow night again.

What can I say. I'm a freak. I have a picture of me and the most beautiful
largemouth I've ever caught on my desk instead of a picture of my
girlfriend. This is not healthy. I need help.

Speaking of which, there was an advertisement for Zebco that was a picture
of a woman in a bathtub with someone casting a plastic worm in it. The
caption was "something along the lines of "Larry you weirdo.".

Does anyone know where I might get a copy of that picture? I think it would
look good as a desktop on my PC.

cheers

Brendan The Weirdo.

"I fish, therefore I am."

Old March 31st, 2004, 06:03 PM
\The Shadow\

Don't know about the photo, but I'll take a copy.

TNBass and I have scheduled to meet in the morning. This will be my one
chance for the next four months to fish. I am looking forward to one last
chance to fish with Joe . After that I can't say when I'll get another
opportunity. Didn't even buy a license this year, I'll just pick up a temp.
three day permit this evening. not that it matters all that much. The thrill
escapes me these days!
I guess lives & priorities change, I remember spending almost every weekend
out on the local lake in a rented jon boat with the wife. Those days are
long past , it seems the more I strived to get better the less I enjoyed it.

Anyway, I will try to drop in here as time will permit .

--
"The Shadow"
Millennium Rods

Old March 31st, 2004, 11:41 PM
John Kerr

Brendan...I use to be about as bad...but I'm better now. I use to
comment that I would rather catch an eight pound bass than have
sex.....I don't ever say that anymore, especially around the fairer sex!
grin

Old April 1st, 2004, 03:26 AM
alwayfishking

I know the feeling, I am a junkie too. Living in the mountains and having
the post office 6 miles the wal-mart 8 miles etc etc. I am always looking
for an excuse to get out and hit the lake for 10-15 minutes. My wife knows
exactly what I'm doing but doesn't let on,which is fine with me. She got me
a "We interupt this marriage to bring you fishing season" sign. Two lakes
within walking distance in a private community and 5 lakes within a 1 mile
drive. I also work from home most days so I can fish until about 7:45 each
morning and then again at 5 p.m. My job does have me travel quite a bit
throughout NJ and P.A on occasion and I am always looking for that lunchtime
river or lake during my travels. My rods are always in my car along with 50
pounds of tackle. Only the small lake has water so far the rest are frozen
still and I have been able to reel up 5 bass ina small amount of time so
far. 3 just the other day on one of those new bleeding bait cranks by strike
king, the fourth fish to bite it had teeth and he was the winner as he got
to take the lure home. I might just get some practice in before okee after
all.

Old April 1st, 2004, 05:55 AM
Bob Rickard

Fish when you can, folks. Skip work, chores, meetings, school, dates,
whatever... just don't skip fishing when you can. Some morning you may wake
up and find you can't, and then it's too late.

Bob

Old April 1st, 2004, 06:41 AM
go-bassn

Bob, did you get my email the other day? Need your phone#...

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

m...

Old April 1st, 2004, 07:40 AM
J Buck

I use to comment that I would rather catch an eight pound bass than
have sex.....I don't ever say that anymore, especially around the fairer
sex! grin

Hello! I like to fish, but given the choice, one or the other for the
rest of my life, that's an easy call LoL