2nd RFD: remove uk.rec.fishing.star

Old July 7th, 2013, 02:20 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.fishing.sea
Tony[_6_]

Default 2nd RFD: remove uk.rec.fishing.star

In uk.net.news.config, Mike Bristow wrote:

In article ,
Mike Bristow wrote:
This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) for the following changes
in the uk.* Usenet hierarchy:

delete newsgroup uk.rec.fishing.coarse
delete newsgroup uk.rec.fishing.game
delete newsgroup uk.rec.fishing.sea

There doesn't appear to be much controversy, so I am likely to apply
for a FT next weekend.

It should be pointed out that the one on-topic post in uk.rec.fishing.sea
has generated a little 5-post thread in the last week or so. If folk think
that this changes the moribundness of the group, speak up now!

It looks to me like Derek is an original reader of uk.rec.fishing.* (given
this in his .sig, uk.rec.fishing.game Badge Page
http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/urfg/). I'd be interested in his
opinion on whether the fishing groups are worth retaining.
--
Tony Evans
Seeking archives for uk.* from 1998 and older. Especially interested
Old July 7th, 2013, 07:42 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.fishing.sea
RustyHinge

On 07/07/13 14:20, Tony wrote:

It should be pointed out that the one on-topic post in uk.rec.fishing.sea
has generated a little 5-post thread in the last week or so. If folk think
that this changes the moribundness of the group, speak up now!

If I culd find someone to talk to there/here, yes.

It looks to me like Derek is an original reader of uk.rec.fishing.* (given
this in his .sig, uk.rec.fishing.game Badge Page
http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/urfg/). I'd be interested in his
opinion on whether the fishing groups are worth retaining.

thinks In my study there are rods and tackle to suit all three
groups... /thinks

--
Rusty Hinge
Old July 8th, 2013, 10:29 AM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.fishing.sea
Mike Bristow

In article ,
Tony wrote:
It looks to me like Derek is an original reader of uk.rec.fishing.* (given
this in his .sig, uk.rec.fishing.game Badge Page
http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/urfg/). I'd be interested in his
opinion on whether the fishing groups are worth retaining.

Sadly his email address bounces, so our only hope to hear his opnion
is if he replies via newsnet.

Unless he has and I missed it, of course.

--
Mike Bristow

Old July 8th, 2013, 10:46 AM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.fishing.sea
Tony[_6_]

On 2013-07-08, Mike Bristow wrote:
In article ,
Tony wrote:
It looks to me like Derek is an original reader of uk.rec.fishing.* (given
this in his .sig, uk.rec.fishing.game Badge Page
http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/urfg/). I'd be interested in his
opinion on whether the fishing groups are worth retaining.

Sadly his email address bounces, so our only hope to hear his opnion
is if he replies via newsnet.

Unless he has and I missed it, of course.

Not yet, nor did he reply to the original RFD's.

--
Tony Evans
Saving trees and wasting electrons since 1993