Its Over - Yuma Pro Am is Closing the Doors

Old December 15th, 2013, 04:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe[_6_]

Default Its Over - Yuma Pro Am is Closing the Doors

Tomorrow is the last regular Yuma Pro Am tournament. If nobody catches an
8+ pound bass tomorrow there will be a fishoff for the money the day after
the awards BBQ.

The BBQ will be open to anbody (as it always has been), and free to members
and their spouse. There will be an RSVP notice posted and emailed. It will
also be mailed to all current 2013 members.

The fishoff (if there is one) will be for current members ONLY. If you were
not a paid member in 2013 you can't fish the fishoff... and NO! You can't
pay your dues now just so you can fish for the 8lb money in the fishoff.

I've done it for 8 years and I've never missed a tournament. Tomorrow will
be the 96th time I've been there to put another angler on the water. I have
enjoyed it very much, and I've got to fish with a lot of great people over
the last 8 years, but running the club just isn't any fun for me any more.
For the last year and a half I've just been meeting my promises and living
up to my word to sponsors and members. I still enjoy fishing, and I still
enjoy fishing with different people. I just don't get any pleasure out of
running the club any more. Its become a job that I don't enjoy and have to
pay for the priviledge of having.

If you want to go fishing just let me know when. If am free I'll go. If
you don't have a boat I'll take you. If you want to fish a Pro/Am or Draw
Team club in Yuma you will need to start a new one. (I'm not letting go the
name registration. I think if somebody starts a new club it should have a
brand new name.)

---