Shimano vs Johnny Morris

Old May 1st, 2008, 01:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
QUAKEnSHAKE

Default Shimano vs Johnny Morris

Well I think its down to these two Shimano Stradic FI 1000 vs Johnny
Morris Sig series 1000 (aka JM)
Anybody happen to have both?
Or any reason to chose one over the other.

Price well I have a 20% off coupon for Stradic so $130.
The JM is $100 no coupon. Price non issue

The JM -11 bearings & a braid specific spool. Spool is what caught my
attention.

Stradic well the Shimano name/reputation and those feature names ie Aero
Wrap, Palidin System and its new spool-lip design.

Reliability I would like 2 seasons of use at least before I get the itch
to buy again.
Ive not owned either brand before
Thanks for any input advice opinions or "if it was me" responses

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...earchR esults
or
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...e=image_ link

Old May 5th, 2008, 04:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
QUAKEnSHAKE

I bought the Stradic hope it lives up to thier reputaion. Now just need
to get the St Croix rod Ive been wanting.

Old May 9th, 2008, 03:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Doug

Unless it's to late, spend about $30 more and get a G-Loomis, Croix are
nice, don't get me wrong, but, it's amazing the difference of feel and
sensitivity between the 2. I was a die hard Croix man myself till I went on
a limb and bought my 1st Loomis. No regrets.... The GL2's are reasonable
and a fine rod it is.

Doug

Old May 9th, 2008, 07:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
QUAKEnSHAKE

Oh Ive looked/researched both and others for months and months now. The
St Croix Avid seems to fit my wants the best. I want a light set-up both
in weight and power and 8'-9" to clear brush for the local 26 acre lake
down the road. Particularly the AVS80MLM @3.6 oz (very light) & 4-8#
line 1/16-5/16. I cant find a comparable Loomis, they have"slow" rods
but they are too whippy. Closest Id say was a STR982S 6-10#line 8'2"
but$315!!!
Thanks