Fish Attractant

Old March 28th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Aa Aa

Default Fish Attractant

How many of you guys use fish attractant?

I know people who swear by it, and I also know people who hate it.

What kind (brand etc.) do you prefer?

What scent (craw, shad, garlic, salt etc.).

Old March 28th, 2004, 02:08 PM
SHRED©

I catch more fish than my buddy. He uses scent sometimes and he smokes. I
think the smell is the deciding difference since we both have similar
fishing habits.

Use it as insurance.
I have used "Hot Sauce" Craw, BANG Pure Craw, and Snake Oil Craw with
success.

Old March 28th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Eric Ryder

"Aa Aa" wrote in message
How many of you guys use fish attractant?

I know people who swear by it, and I also know people who hate it.

What kind (brand etc.) do you prefer?

What scent (craw, shad, garlic, salt etc.).

I use Real Craw on baits I handle, except those that slip too easily on the
hook shank (sort jerkbaits mostly).

I used to reapply every time I touched a plastic worm, but I'm getting a
little less anal about that. FWIW, I'm sticking plenty of fish either way.

Old March 28th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Doyce McIlvene

I use attractant for the simply reason that it masks human oders. I don't
believe it make that much difference what scent or brand. The other
alternative is too use an unscented bar of soap and wash your hands
thourghly before handling your lures.
Keep your line wet!
--
Doyce

Old April 1st, 2004, 03:33 PM
PHILLY

Try useing oil of ola on your hands before going fishing it covers up the
L-serine in the human skin(fish dont like L-serine or nicatine.)