To Capt. Gene Kelly

Old July 9th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Capt. Tom

Default To Capt. Gene Kelly

Hi there Capt; I thought the slow fishing this year was only in Texas.
I have recently seen your post. Comparing to the years before this year is
not as it should have been.By the way I am originally from Long Island myself
so I know the boats very well. Mountauk point is still the best in my heart.
I missed the striper fishing a lot.
Capt. Tom
http://www.rockporta.com
Old July 11th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Capt Gene Kelly

I wouldn't say that the fishing is slow.
Fluke fishing is excellent.
There are probably more porgies around than we've seen in years.
Shark fishing is very good.
There have been some tuna taken, but it's early and I'd say they are right
on schedule
Striped bass fishing is slow, but there are some real quality fish being
caught, just not quantity.
I think seabass fishing would be better if not for the dogfish, which
discourages going for them

--

Capt Gene Kelly
Tropical Fishing Adventures