Flint River Club Tournament

Old February 13th, 2010, 01:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default Flint River Club Tournament

Sunday - February 7, 2010 - Day 37 - one day missed

Flint River Bass Club First Tournament 2010 -
Lake Sinclair, Fished 7 AM - 3 PM
Water temp 44 - 55, warm water was around steam plant
Air cold and cloudy

Started on riprap for an hour without a bite. Water as muddy as I have
ever seen - looked like cappuccino. No bites

For the boards that pull posts and place them on their sites, visit me
at http://fishing.about.com - for those here I apologize for the
spam.

Fished some areas around the marina with no bites. Lots of boats
working the area - two fairly big tournaments - 30 boats each - went
out of marina this morning.

Worked docks, grass beds, wood cover. Fished jig and pig, crankbait
and jig head worm. Nothing

Ran down to a rocky bank I like where I hoped the warm water from the
steam plant would help. It was no warmer but was a little bit clearer
- could see my crankbait down about four inches. Nothing hit around
the docks and rocks.

As I got ready to leave I remembered another tough tournament where I
got one keeper weighing 12 ounces and came in second - it was another
winter tournament and there were three bass weighed in - winner had
one weighing 14 ounces, mine and a 9 ounce bass was third!

Ran to the mouth of the warm water creek and it was slightly clearer
and 52 degrees. On about my third cast on a clay I hooked and landed
a keeper 12.1 inches long - glad to put it in the livewell at 10:30.

Fished on up that bank and got a bump on a jig head worm in a brush
pile and landed a bass barely under 12 inches - hated to let it go,
but it would not touch the 12 inch line!

At noon I ran back to the bridge riprap - feeding period started then.
Tried a variety of baits but no hits.

At 1:30 went back where I had caught the first fish and worked it. At
2 I had worked up to a rocky area and missed three hits - one picked
up the jig head worm but I missed it, then felt two thump it but no
hookups.

At 2:30 I had worked further up the bank and felt a thump and landed a
solid 13 inch keeper. Two!

No more hits by 2:50 so I headed to weighin.

Winner had 2 weighing 2.9 and big fish at 1.83. My two weighed all of
1.85 and got second. Third was one at 1.22 and fourth was one at
1.08. That was it, no more fish caught.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old February 13th, 2010, 09:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
danl

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:58:11 -0800 (PST), Ronnie
wrote:

[...]

Sounds like ya did good for the conditions.

They were gonna cast my arm today, but after removing the stitches we
decided the condition of the skin warranted a splint and wrap. I've
got problems with psoriasis and my arm was lookin pretty raw. Still
takin the Oxycodone most of the time, but it's getting to be longer
between pills.

Dan
Old February 13th, 2010, 07:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

wrote:
[...]

They left the splint on my arm for two weeks, then put it in a hard
cast for two more weeks. Hope all goes well.

Ronnie
\
http://fishing.about.com
Old February 15th, 2010, 07:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
DanD

Hi:
Just a note to say thanks for the post.
Always enjoy reading, but sometimes forget to say thanks to the writers.
thanks again
dan who doesn't ice fish in wis

--

Sometimes the best thing to do: