What's with the US "National Sal****er Angler Registry" ?

Old March 21st, 2010, 03:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
David H. Lipman

Default What's with the US "National Sal****er Angler Registry" ?

What's with the US "National Sal****er Angler Registry" ?

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/

The back of the card indicates...
"Federal law requires you keep this card with you when fishing in designated waters and
present to law enforcement officials upon request"

What/whose jurisdiction ?
What LEO's can demand to see it...
* State Police ?
* State Fish and Game ?
* Coast Guard ?

Old March 22nd, 2010, 05:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
Licker

From what I read on the website it appears to be mostly geared to commercial
fisherman and they are phasing in recreational fisherman. The program
appears to have a legitimate reason to collect catch data to help determine
creel limits for sal****er species but as you read farther into it that
changes slightly. It now appears in 2011 it will become an additional
license fisherman would have to buy regardless if you are commercial or
recreation that will be issued by the federal goverment. There are some
exceptions. If your state has entered and agree,emt then you would not be
required to purchase this separate license as your state wil automatically
enroll you into the program.

So to answer your question, my best guess would be any LE that enforces game
laws be this be local, state or federal.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 08:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
David H. Lipman

From: "Licker"

| From what I read on the website it appears to be mostly geared to commercial
| fisherman and they are phasing in recreational fisherman. The program
| appears to have a legitimate reason to collect catch data to help determine
| creel limits for sal****er species but as you read farther into it that
| changes slightly. It now appears in 2011 it will become an additional
| license fisherman would have to buy regardless if you are commercial or
| recreation that will be issued by the federal goverment. There are some
| exceptions. If your state has entered and agree,emt then you would not be
| required to purchase this separate license as your state wil automatically
| enroll you into the program.

| So to answer your question, my best guess would be any LE that enforces game
| laws be this be local, state or federal.

In my state, local LEO's can't enforce Fish & Game laws. Only state Fish & Game dept
officers can or parks dept enforcement.

So it needs clarification. If I'm fishing off the beach WHO can request to see this
registry card ?