Fishing Docks

Old July 31st, 2009, 03:49 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
BIG FISH 2006

Default Fishing Docks

We have this lake here in S/W Michigan that has lots of 3-4 lb bass,
most of the fish I catch are the 2-2 1/2 lbers. he only way I can catch
these fish are on docks close to deep water on senko's and tubes, what
other bait do you guys think might catch the bigger fish? or am I
wasting my time on the docks.

Old July 31st, 2009, 08:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
We have this lake here in S/W Michigan that has lots of 3-4 lb bass,
most of the fish I catch are the 2-2 1/2 lbers. he only way I can catch
these fish are on docks close to deep water on senko's and tubes, what
other bait do you guys think might catch the bigger fish? or am I
wasting my time on the docks.

I have caught a few fish around docks by pitching jigs with twister tail
grub trailers to vertical poles and allowing or feeding enough slack for the
jig to fall vertically along the poles. Occassionally I have also provoked
reaction strikes with the jigs by ripping them away from the dock pole the
instant they stop falling, but more often it either comes on the fall or
shaking them on the bottom at the base of the pole.

I have also caught 4 pounders around docks on senkos by skipping and
pitching them way up under the docks.

Depending on the bottom composition I might also walk a craw along the dock
from shallow to deep.

You can also deliberately de-tune a crankbait so that when you cast along a
dock it will run up under it on the retrieve.

A hard jerkbait worked fast and erratically can provoke fish to come out
from under a dock, and sometimes a popper can be just the ticket at the
right time of day.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old July 31st, 2009, 09:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
We have this lake here in S/W Michigan that has lots of 3-4 lb bass,
most of the fish I catch are the 2-2 1/2 lbers. he only way I can catch
these fish are on docks close to deep water on senko's and tubes, what
other bait do you guys think might catch the bigger fish? or am I
wasting my time on the docks.

Some of my best fish have come from underneath boat docks. I fish tubes,
wacky rigged senko-style lures and T-rigged Zoom Super Flukes.

It seems sometimes that the smaller fish are staged on the outer edges and
the bigger ones are buried way back underneath.
--
Steve Huber
Executive Producer/Editor in Chief

Old March 26th, 2011, 01:01 PM
ronnyblak ronnyblak is offline
Junior Member

I accept bent a few angle about docks by casting jigs with bewilderment tail grub trailers to vertical poles and acceptance or agriculture abundant baggy for the jig to abatement angular forth the poles. Occassionally I accept aswell provoked reaction strikes with the jigs by ripping them abroad from the berth pole the instant they stop falling, but added generally it either comes on the abatement or shaking them on the basal at the abject of the pole.