Sinclair

Old May 23rd, 2011, 07:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default Sinclair

Sunday - May 22, 2011 - day 41

Spalding County Sportsman Club tournament, Lake Sinclair, Sunny, very
hot, water 80 degrees, very little breeze. Fished 6:15 AM to 3:30 PM

At daylight I went to a grassbed and got a hit on a frog on second
cast but didn't hook it. Couple of casts later I got a two pounder on
the frog.

I worked grass beds hard with frog, spinnerbait and trick worm until
the sun got on them but no more hits.

Ran down to a deep point and fished it - it was covered with baitfish
and fish but could not get a bite - water is very muddy.

Ran to place where we had caught some small fish yesterday and seen
some good fish in shallow water on a rocky point. Water much clearer -
was within site of the dam. Fished it and landed a13 inch bass on a
Texas rigged worm - two at 9:05. Worked on around the point and on the
next one got another 13 inch bass on a Senko on a jig head - three at
9:45.

Worked the clearer water hard but got only one more short fish. Ran
back up the river and saw current was moving under the bridge, and the
point at the mouth of the water intake for the power plant was open,
no one on it. A guide called this point the biggest community hole on
the lake in a magazine article a few years ago. I never pass it
without fishing if if no one is on it.

I let the boat drift with the current, casting to the point. When I
got to the end of the point and was turning the boat to get in
position I got a hit and tried to set the hook over my back. Keeper
bass jumped and threw the jig head Senko.

I threw right back and caught another 13 inch keeper = finally four in
boat at noon. Kept working the point and about 15 minutes later got
my fifth keeper - filled my limit.

I figured all the fish I could catch here would be about the same size
so I decided to run way up the river and throw a buzzbait the last two
hours, hoping for a big bite. I did catch three bass up there, two
that culled my smallest bass but barely, and one throwback.

At weigh-in there were 7 limits out of 12 people. Five at 7.46 pounds
won, five weighing 7.39 was second, third was five at 6.23 and my five
whoppers weighing 5.68 was fourth. My 2.09 pound fish that hit the
frog was second biggest bass, big one weighed all of 2.57.

Very tough day for decent fish but lots of small bass.

Ronnie

http://fishing,.about.com