Troll motor deflection

Old December 3rd, 2009, 03:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve B

Default Troll motor deflection

I have my troll motor mounted off center because I have a pointed bow. Does
turning the main motor a little one way help to keep it tracking straighter?

Steve

Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
danl

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 07:09:50 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

I have my troll motor mounted off center because I have a pointed bow. Does
turning the main motor a little one way help to keep it tracking straighter?

Steve

Type of/size of boat and motor?
I have a 14' alum semi V with the motor mounted off the right side of
the bow. Works good and goes where I point it as long as the gas
motor is in the water and pointed straight. If you don't have a gas
motor clamp a piece of material to the transom or rear side of the
hull so it acts as a rudder. Doesn't take much. YMMV
Dan, toasty in FL now!
Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Steve B" wrote in message
news
I have my troll motor mounted off center because I have a pointed bow.
Does turning the main motor a little one way help to keep it tracking
straighter?

Steve

The boat is going to go whichever direction the trolling motor is pointed.
That being said I do use the angle of the big motor to help with the boat
position in current or when fighting the wind. If you are moving the big
motor acts a rudder and will move the back end of the boat one way or the
other. I flip a lot of brush in moderate to heavy current. I'll turn the
motor to position the back of the boat to help my back seater either stay
out of the brush if flipping up tight, or get them closer if pitching from
further out.

Old December 4th, 2009, 12:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rob[_3_]

Steve B wrote:
I have my troll motor mounted off center because I have a pointed bow. Does
turning the main motor a little one way help to keep it tracking straighter?

Steve

I raise my OB when I'm trolling to eliminate the extra drag and to get
the lower unit out of the water for fishing. They are all off-center
but they work well since they are pulling the boat - not pushing it.

Rob
Old May 27th, 2011, 08:14 PM
anddrewjacckson anddrewjacckson is offline
Junior Member

I accession my OB if I'm trolling to annihilate the added annoyance and to get the lower assemblage out of the baptize for fishing. They are all askance but they plan able-bodied back they are affairs the baiter - not blame it.