Customizing Plastic.....

Old April 26th, 2007, 12:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Sandy Joren

Default Customizing Plastic.....

Oh Mighty Gurus......

I am looking for any recommendations for customizing colors on plastics,
specifically Senkos. I've tried several different types of 'paint' obtained
at the local tackle stores and none seem to work. They all simply rub off
and take forever to dry. Specific brand names are welcome.......

--
Sandy Joren
Jesus, il creatore dei miracoli, la luce nella nerezza...

Old April 26th, 2007, 02:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Sandy Joren" wrote in message
Oh Mighty Gurus......

I am looking for any recommendations for customizing colors on plastics,
specifically Senkos. I've tried several different types of 'paint'
obtained at the local tackle stores and none seem to work. They all
simply rub off and take forever to dry. Specific brand names are
welcome.......

Sandy, have you tried some of the dying products like JJ's Magic or
Spike-It? I'm not sure what you mean by paint....
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old April 26th, 2007, 03:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Sandy Joren" wrote in message
Oh Mighty Gurus......

I am looking for any recommendations for customizing colors on plastics,
specifically Senkos. I've tried several different types of 'paint'
obtained at the local tackle stores and none seem to work. They all
simply rub off and take forever to dry. Specific brand names are
welcome.......

--
Sandy Joren
Jesus, il creatore dei miracoli, la luce nella nerezza...

What affect are you trying to achieve? I often dip the tail of plastics in
chartreuse or red dipping dye and it works pretty darn good. Usually
outlasts the plastics.

For a quick touch up like adding a spot to make a jerk bait look more like a
shad I'll draw a black dot on it with a sharpie marker.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old April 26th, 2007, 11:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Fishking

Sandy,

Here's a link for what you want.

http://www.lurecraft.com/catalog.cfm...-plastic-lures

you also have mail coming soon.

thanks randy

--
WWW.GOTOBAITS.COM
PREMIUM HAND POURED BAITS
.. .

Old April 27th, 2007, 12:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Fishking" wrote in message
Sandy,

Here's a link for what you want.

http://www.lurecraft.com/catalog.cfm...-plastic-lures

you also have mail coming soon.

Mail? Me or Sandy?

thanks randy

Old April 27th, 2007, 12:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Fishking" wrote in message
Both of you, will ship by Saturday, maybe tomorrow :-)

Now I'm all excited. Like a kid at Christmas.

Old April 28th, 2007, 11:49 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Sandy Joren

Here's what I want to do. I want to take a black 5" Senko and put irregular
sized bright yellow spots all over. Kind of like the spots on a leopard
frog seen here but yellow on black.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_frog I've tried tail dipping in some
dyes with mixed results. Maybe the problem is that nothing will stick to
the Senko. Thanks, Steve....