Yamamoto plastics changing color?

Old April 29th, 2007, 01:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
SHRED

Default Yamamoto plastics changing color?

I have noticed that while using the Fat Ikas, in watermelon especially,
they turn almost a brown/reddish color which is noticeable in the skirt
"hairs" and a bit in the body. This happens after a half hour or so it
seems.

Is this a reaction with the water, the UV rays from the sun, or both?
I wish they would hold their beautiful green color longer.

I will contact Yamamoto about this and see what they say.

---
Old April 29th, 2007, 02:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Thundercat

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 05:35:41 -0700, SHRED wrote:

I have noticed that while using the Fat Ikas, in watermelon especially,
they turn almost a brown/reddish color which is noticeable in the skirt
"hairs" and a bit in the body. This happens after a half hour or so it
seems.

Is this a reaction with the water, the UV rays from the sun, or both?
I wish they would hold their beautiful green color longer.

I will contact Yamamoto about this and see what they say.

---

Are you sure that the color you purchased wasn't one of the fading
colors? Like 042J, 194J & 194Jt, 328, 329? Unlike the regular 042 and
194, those variations are made to fade under sunlight exposure.

..
Harry J
http://www.djdazz.com
http://www.brooklynbillstackleshop.com
http://secretweaponlures.com
Old April 29th, 2007, 02:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Fishking

just fishing them or are they laying in direct sunlight? Depending on the
flake in the bait it could be bleeding in direct sunlight after a while,
also concentrated salt in the baits will rise to the surface on certain
baits when they get heated up, thus changing the color, salt lightens up
colors in baits when exposed to heat

--
WWW.GOTOBAITS.COM
PREMIUM HAND POURED BAITS

Old April 29th, 2007, 02:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
SHRED

Fishking wrote:
just fishing them or are they laying in direct sunlight? Depending on the
flake in the bait it could be bleeding in direct sunlight after a while,
also concentrated salt in the baits will rise to the surface on certain
baits when they get heated up, thus changing the color, salt lightens up
colors in baits when exposed to heat

That makes sense. They have lots of salt in them.
Thanks