Anyone used this bait?

Old November 11th, 2007, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Andy[_2_]

Default Anyone used this bait?

This looks like a good alternative to expensive Peeler crabs bought from the
local fishing shop. Before I spend out, has anyone tried any of these baits
from this suppler?

http://www.thelincolnshirepeeler.co.uk/16280.html

Regards

Andy

Old November 12th, 2007, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Andy[_2_]

"A Cracker" wrote in message
g...
In article ,
says...
This looks like a good alternative to expensive Peeler crabs bought from
the
local fishing shop. Before I spend out, has anyone tried any of these
baits
from this suppler?

http://www.thelincolnshirepeeler.co.uk/16280.html

Regards

Andy

Bought some off ebay just today for use later in the week - will post
results

in the meantime there's a very important cause that needs everyone's
help - an online petition to ban the use of gillnets :-

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gillnets/

Yeah signed the petition. Hope the bait works ok. I would like to know how
you found the membrane and how long it lasted for etc.

Tight lines

Andy

Old November 12th, 2007, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Martyn

Save your money, it's not very good, and that's being very polite about.
Have heard of plenty who bought it but very few, if any caught anything on
it on it.

Plenty more info on here www.worldseafishing.com/forums - free to join and
plenty of info about most things.

--

Martyn
"Andy" wrote in message

"A Cracker" wrote in message
g...
In article ,
says...

Old November 12th, 2007, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Matt[_3_]

Have to agree with some of the comments so far I bought 3 varieties, but its
like trying to put a peeled chestnut on your hook. However if you manage to
get it on your hook ok it does stay there. Cant comment on the catch side of
things as I haven't caught anything with or without it.....................
yet

Old November 14th, 2007, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Derek

"Matt" wrote in message
Have to agree with some of the comments so far I bought 3 varieties, but
its like trying to put a peeled chestnut on your hook. However if you
manage to get it on your hook ok it does stay there. Cant comment on the
catch side of things as I haven't caught anything with or without
it..................... yet

SWMBO bought some to try alongside conventional bait all we can say is
crabs really seem to like it but the rag lug and mack strips were more
effective.
Derek

Old November 14th, 2007, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Derek Moody

In article , Andy
wrote:
This looks like a good alternative to expensive Peeler crabs bought from the
local fishing shop.

The best alternative to expensive Peeler crabs bought from the local fishing
shop is, of course, free peeler crab collected from the local shore...

Before I spend out, has anyone tried any of these baits
from this suppler?

Don't bother. It'll be some sort of scroff crab squeezed into a sausage
skin. Almost any fresh bait will be better - it just *might* be better than
ancient, freezer burned, refrozen, leftover bait in an emergency - but if
you're that stuffed for bait go spinning.

While there are a few chemical triggers which might be added to baits to
make them a little more tempting to a fish it's unlikely that sport anglers
would get any benefit from using them (there might be a measurable
difference if used on a 1000 hook longline), the sport angler renews the
bait sufficiently often that the extra scent of fresh bait is far more
attractive than the margin added by the trigger.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/