Your favorite fluorocarbon?

Old March 21st, 2008, 02:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
George T.

Default Your favorite fluorocarbon?

I see a lot of new fluorocarbon lines introduced this year...has
anybody found a new one that they like? One in particular that I'm
interested in is Gamma Edge. I think in has been around since last
year but I haven't tried it yet.
Old March 21st, 2008, 04:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"George T." wrote in message
I see a lot of new fluorocarbon lines introduced this year...has
anybody found a new one that they like? One in particular that I'm
interested in is Gamma Edge. I think in has been around since last
year but I haven't tried it yet.

I have used P-Line pure flouro, Seaguar CarbonPro, and Maxima.

I found the P-Line to be pretty darn stiff and difficult to use.

The Seaguar 12lb and 15lb are incredible. I use the 12 in moderate cover.
I use the 25 lb flipping in the trash in ultra clear water. I have been
disappointed in their 8 and 10 pound. I use them for dropshotting and other
small baits. They seem to break a little easier than their line test would
indicate.

I use Maxima 8, 10, and 12 lb for the same applications as Seaguar in those
sizes. The 8 seems to be tougher than Seaguars 8, but when I do a static
test by wrapping it around my hands and pulling until it breaks it doesn't
seem to be any stronger. Perhaps its just the way it fishes.

I never heard of Gamma Edge.

One of the pros I chat with occassionally really likes Sunline, but he is
sponsored by them, so I take that with a grain of salt.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old March 21st, 2008, 11:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

George T. wrote:
I see a lot of new fluorocarbon lines introduced this year...has
anybody found a new one that they like? One in particular that I'm
interested in is Gamma Edge. I think in has been around since last
year but I haven't tried it yet.

My favorite is InvizX. (Seaguar) I use the 4 & 6 for drop shot, grub and
light jig & worm fishing, and the 8 for jerkbaits, the 10 for normal
worm/creature bait fishing, and for striper fishing in the river.

I would probably like the Gamma better, but the price difference
outweighs the edge it seems to have in abrasion resistance. Neither is
cheap, but 200 yds for 18 bucks is way better than 120 for 22 bucks. I
put about 50 yards per fill on a spinning reel. That's 5 bucks a shot
with the InvizX, as opposed to 11 with the gamma.

Triple fish and Maxima are both OK, but seem a little "springier" on the
reel, and have a bit less abrasion resistance. The seaguar Carbon Pro
seemed way stiffer and springier than the same mfg's InvizX. I tried the
Cabela's house brand, reputed to be made by Seaguar, and had one spool
(8 lb) that was fantastic, and one (6 lb) that broke at the slightest
provocation.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 01:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

I see a lot of new fluorocarbon lines introduced this year...has anybody
found a new one that they like? One in particular that I'm interested in
is Gamma Edge. I think in has been around since last year but I haven't
tried it yet.

------------

I use Maxima.....but I get it free, so I don't have any comparisons to
judge it by. But it serves me well!

John K

Old March 22nd, 2008, 10:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty

Rich, do you think either the Seaguar or Gamma handles well enough for the
10# to be used on a Daiwa size 2500 spinning reel?

Old March 23rd, 2008, 04:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

Marty wrote:
Rich, do you think either the Seaguar or Gamma handles well enough for the
10# to be used on a Daiwa size 2500 spinning reel?

I can't say for sure, because I never use anything over 6 on a spinning
reel, but I have a Daiwa 2500 size reel here and I believe that it would
handle the 10# invizX just fine.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"George T." wrote in message
I see a lot of new fluorocarbon lines introduced this year...has
anybody found a new one that they like? One in particular that I'm
interested in is Gamma Edge. I think in has been around since last
year but I haven't tried it yet.

Alright.... I have been playing with Maxima for the last couple months. I
really like the 8 & 10 pound for drop shotting and worming clear water. I
was convinced the 12 lb was decent stuff too, but Friday I spooled some 12lb
Seaguar back on my wacky senko rod, and yesterday I used it. The Seaguar
definitely fishes better. I seemed to have less line twist, and it cast
much better.

Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty

"RichZ" wrote in message
Marty wrote:
Rich, do you think either the Seaguar or Gamma handles well enough for
the 10# to be used on a Daiwa size 2500 spinning reel?

I can't say for sure, because I never use anything over 6 on a spinning
reel, but I have a Daiwa 2500 size reel here and I believe that it would
handle the 10# invizX just fine.

Thank you, I never have used fluoro of any kind, but may give this stuff a
try.

Old February 19th, 2011, 01:51 PM
shanefosster shanefosster is offline
Junior Member

The Seaguar twelve pounds and fifteen pounds is incredible. I used 12 medium with 25 pounds of trash cover.I flip over water. I've been down 8 and 10 pounds. I use them drops hotting and other small bait. They seem a little easier to break than their online test will be displayed.
Old July 6th, 2011, 05:45 PM
aronnsam aronnsam is offline
Junior Member

The Seaguar 12lb and 15lb are incredible. I use the 12 in abstinent cover. I use the 25 lb flipping in the debris in ultra bright water. I accept been disappointed in their 8 and 10 pound. I use them for dropshotting and other small baits. They assume to breach a little easier than their band analysis would indicate.