August tournament

Old August 24th, 2009, 04:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default August tournament

Saturday - August 22, 2009 - Day 233

Spalding County Sportsman Club tournament - Jackson Lake
fished 5:30 PM - 12;30 AM - sunny until sun set, breeze, water 87
degrees

We started at my favorite spot, a ridge right at the dam. Partner got
a small spotted bass - not a keeper - and I missed two hits.

Ran up to some main lake points and started working them.Partner got
several bluegill and small bass and I got a throwback bass. Then I got
a good hit on a point on a jig head worm and set the hook on a strong
fish - 2.2 pound spot in the livewell at 7:30 PM

Partner got a bare keeper spot on a crankbait at 8:00 PM

Kept working up that bank and got another small keeper spot on another
point on the jighead worm. Two in the livewell at 8:30. Getting
pretty dark.

I thought I felt a hit near a seawall but my partner said he had
hooked my line again. But he quit reeling and my line kept moving. By
the time I set the hook the bass was way out under the boat and pulled
off.

Got another keeper on another small point on a jig and pig at 9:40 PM.
That was it, no more fish.

At weigh-in I had 3 at 4.36 for second. First was 2 at 4.66 and he had
big fish at 3.14. Third was 3.30 and fourth was one fish at 2.64.
Terrible night, six of 15 were zeroes and no limits.

I think we quit too early, but who knows.

Ronnie

fishing.about.com
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Ronnie" wrote in message

I gotta hand it to you Ronnie. It takes fortitude to keep going with those
kind of numbers. The lowest weight I have ever seen win here was about 7
pounds in a 3 fish tournament. For 5 fish the lowest win I have ever seen
was my 8.99 on Friday evening. Before that I never saw anybody win a five
fish tournament with less than about 12-13 pounds.

Old August 25th, 2009, 01:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

On Aug 24, 3:34*pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
"Ronnie" wrote in message

I gotta hand it to you Ronnie. *It takes fortitude to keep going with those
kind of numbers. *The lowest weight I have ever seen win here was about 7
pounds in a 3 fish tournament. *For 5 fish the lowest win I have ever seen
was my 8.99 on Friday evening. *Before that I never saw anybody win a five
fish tournament with less than about 12-13 pounds.

Yall must be much better fishermen.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old August 25th, 2009, 05:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Ronnie" wrote in message

I gotta hand it to you Ronnie. It takes fortitude to keep going with
those
kind of numbers. The lowest weight I have ever seen win here was about 7
pounds in a 3 fish tournament. For 5 fish the lowest win I have ever seen
was my 8.99 on Friday evening. Before that I never saw anybody win a five
fish tournament with less than about 12-13 pounds.

Yall must be much better fishermen.

Nah, just a good fishery. In the summer its gonna take a 18-20 pounds sack
to be pretty sure of getting a check. In the winter time it usually takes
12-15 pounds.