Lanier tournament

Old May 16th, 2011, 07:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default Lanier tournament

Sunday - May 15, 2011 - day 39

Disappointing tournament at Lanier considering how good we did
Wednesday. Windy, cold and cloudy all day - I think the clouds
affected the bass. Tried the blowthrus and points on the main lake
where we caught fish but they were tough to fish in the wind. Started
fishing bridge pilings at 8:30 AM - how we got most of our fish
Wednesday. After an hour I was getting disgusted but then got two nips
on my swimbait. Switched to a smaller one and caught two good spots.

At about noon was ready to try something different then hooked another
big spot - 3.5 pounds. Interesting fight - when I set the hook my
reel came off the rod. I think that rod seat screw ring loosens up as
I fish - same thing happened on the striper I caught Wed. I used the
rod like a fly rod, pulling in the line by hand, and my partner did a
great job netting the fish. Stayed there the rest of the day but only
got one more short fish. Partner never hooked a fish.

I placed 3rd out of 17 with 3 at 8.48 pounds. Took five weighing 10.22
to win, second was five at 8.85. I had second biggest bass, biggest
weighed 3.63. Seven 0s out of 17, tough day for all.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old May 17th, 2011, 02:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
danl

On Mon, 16 May 2011 11:28:32 -0700 (PDT), Ronnie
wrote:

[...]

Wind and clouds can make for a long day. Ya did pretty good
considering. I would have loved to see that line stripping catch! LOL

Dan
Old May 19th, 2011, 06:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

*I would have loved to see that line stripping catch! LOL

Dan

That is funny - now. Not foo funny at the time - it was my biggest
fish, 3.5 pound spot can pull hard and I was sure I would lose it.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old May 19th, 2011, 07:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ken Fortenberry

Ronnie wrote:
Sunday - May 15, 2011 - day 39
snip
I used the
rod like a fly rod, pulling in the line by hand, and my partner did a
great job netting the fish. ...

No fly fisherman worthy of the title uses a fly rod in such a fashion.
Fly fishermen always put fish of size on the reel. Always. You're
describing a cane pole fisherman.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:32 PM
jimmyanderrson jimmyanderrson is offline
Junior Member

I anticipate that rod bench spiral ring loosens up as I angle - aforementioned affair happened on the striper I bent Wed. I acclimated the rod like a fly rod, affairs in the band by hand, and my accomplice did a great job applique the fish. Stayed there the blow of the day but only got one added abbreviate fish. Accomplice never absorbed a fish.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 02:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Hammer Hammer

i fish alot n do pretty good i guess iam old school i go by the signs
moon n barametric pressure n solar tables when all are good fishing is
fantastic
the moon has an effect on bass n basicly all fish my advice to others
is to keep a journal on your fishing trips consist of BP, moon ,
zodiac signs , temp , the sky clear , overcast or what ever it is that
tine your fishing , water clarity , types of bait , dates n all baiscly
everything ya do , ya can alwys comapre trip to trip n most times come
up with a plan

Old May 23rd, 2011, 07:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

I kept up with ever bass I caught for many years and use those old
logs to help me - need to computerize them, would be easier to sort
and access.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com