Thundercat Caught a Big One...

Old July 18th, 2004, 10:50 PM
go-bassn

Default Thundercat Caught a Big One...

....on his camera that is!

Our club, Tri-State Bassmasters, has had a progressive 6-pound lunker pot
going unclaimed for over 7 years now. It's up to well over $1700. Lots of
5+'s have been caught but no 6's.

Harry fished his first tournament with us yesterday, and had a great time
despite the tough fishing (right Harry?).

Anyway about half way through the tournament I lowered my dropshot rig into
about 18' of water off a stumpy point & hooked a large fish. I alerted my
rider of that fact & told him I just hoped it was a bass. No sooner did I
say that than it blasted for the surface & jumped clear out of the water, a
hawg largemouth! I was pretty sure it was THE one, and I had it on 8# test
& a tiny size 2 dropshot hook. Let's just say it was a very nervous 2
minutes or so for me lol. Got that slob in & my partner netted it, assuring
me that the lunker pot was mine. He had me convinced it was well over 6.

As it turned out the fish weighed 5-13 & the lunker pot is safe for now. My
fellow bass-clubbers were rather happy too lol, and I took some serious
ribbing. It's all good though.

Harry's pic of my lunker is on abpf...

Warren

Old July 18th, 2004, 11:10 PM
Charles B. Summers

Big looking fish anyway... are you sure that their tournament scales are
correct?

--
Charles Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

Old July 18th, 2004, 11:38 PM
go-bassn

mmmm...no.

WW

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

news

Old July 19th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Rich Pierro

This was at Manasquan?

Rich P

Old July 19th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Rich Pierro

This was at Manasquan?

Rich P

Old July 19th, 2004, 12:32 AM
go-bassn

yup

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

"Rich Pierro" wrote in message
This was at Manasquan?

Rich P

Old July 19th, 2004, 01:35 PM
alwaysfishking

Ok so how did everyone do in the tourney? I only fished there once and I
caught a catfish that went about 15 lbs. ansd a 2 lb bass Thought I had
the lunker that day with that nasty catfish

"Marty" wrote in message

"go-bassn" wrote in message

As it turned out the fish weighed 5-13 & the lunker pot is safe for now.

Great fish Warren, but it's a six based on standard rounding rules. :-)