Where's Doug at?

Old August 18th, 2007, 12:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

Default Where's Doug at?

"rw" wrote

I must be blind because I don't see the deer. Image #4?

It looks like downstream from the Willows and upstream from Point of
Rocks.

Don't fret, your eyes aren't the problem. g

The deer is on one of my fishing log pages

http://www.kimshew.com/flyfish/displ...php?log_id=302

You are very close, the #4 photo was taken from the road 1/4 mile outside
the Point of Rocks parking lot if you were going from there to visit your
horse or get a beer at the Picabo store, via the road up and around the
back.

I know it's too early now to tell but what's your local knowledge guess on
the situation for Silver Crick and Big Wood starting a day or three after
Labor Day and going into early October? it's been so hot and dry it's damn
scary .... how about the fires, are you as surrounded as this makes it look
?

http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/

here's another cheery visualization of the area's deep weather problems

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...ing/palmer.gif

hope your cabin is enjoying it's growing spurt G

Old August 18th, 2007, 01:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Larry L wrote:

P.S. If you know where I was standing to take the deer shot ( on last entry
of my log),

Old August 18th, 2007, 04:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Larry L wrote:

I know it's too early now to tell but what's your local knowledge guess on
the situation for Silver Crick and Big Wood starting a day or three after
Labor Day and going into early October? it's been so hot and dry it's damn
scary .... how about the fires, are you as surrounded as this makes it look
?

After Labor Day is my favorite time of the year to fish Silver Creek
because the crowds are gone. The fires shouldn't be a problem.

hope your cabin is enjoying it's growing spurt G

It's more like an extreme makeover. :-)

BTW, very nice photos, Larry.

Old August 22nd, 2007, 02:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Larry L wrote:

what's your book about? ....... I wish you luck

i'm still working out that part...g

if i didn't have bad luck, i'd have no luck at all.

went puppy drum, speck trout, and flounder fishing this weekend. caught
a white perch, a bluefish, and some shrimp... i'm getting kinda worried
about what'll happen on my next mountain trout adventure...

jeff
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Peter A. Collin

Larry L wrote:
Bored, I dug through the closet and found an old video "Strategies for
Selective Trout" with Doug Swisher that I hadn't viewed in many years.

He is fishing someplace where the vegetation and other small clues make me
think "east of Mississippi" but I could be wrong. Wherever it is it looks
like nifty water

.... where is Doug in this video? anybody know?

I think I remember reading that Doug is a midwesterner. There was an
article that mentioned running into him on the Ausable. So maybe it's
somewhere in Michigan?

Peter
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
foogow

Larry L wrote:

....good stuff.

Larry, I looked at your website again. Nice stuff.
I liked the way you have an online fishing log you can
edit from anywhere--if you know the right login name and password.

Are you a self-taught (php) programmer, or a professional?
Just wondering :-)