Looking for someone who can explain the Solunar Theory

Old August 22nd, 2004, 10:48 PM

Default Looking for someone who can explain the Solunar Theory

I have read several theories and find that every one of them are
confusing in that they introduce undefined terms. If you understand
the theory, I would like to correspond in order to clarify the theory.

Old August 23rd, 2004, 12:20 AM
RGarri7470

I have read several theories and find that every one of them are
confusing in that they introduce undefined terms. If you understand
the theory, I would like to correspond in order to clarify the theory.

simple theory - the position of the sun and moon affect animal activity.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old August 23rd, 2004, 01:09 AM
RichZ

Read the book Biological Time by Bernie Taylor.

http://www.theeapress.com/biological...hypothesis.htm

The book is ISBN#0-9749932-0-4, by the way.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old August 23rd, 2004, 12:34 PM

I understand most of the theory but no where do I see an explanation
of the major and minor periods and how they are determined. There are
other things but can you explain that for starters?

Old August 23rd, 2004, 01:28 PM
Cleveland Tech

wrote in message
I understand most of the theory but no where do I see an explanation
of the major and minor periods and how they are determined. There are
other things but can you explain that for starters?

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:48:37 GMT, wrote:

I have read several theories and find that every one of them are
confusing in that they introduce undefined terms. If you understand
the theory, I would like to correspond in order to clarify the theory.

Answered this in another group (you didn't cross-post) Try
http://www.solunar.com - contains the theory, and a *lot* of other
information. HTH

Old August 24th, 2004, 02:10 AM
RichG

Interesting ( at least to me ) variation on the solunar theory are the tides
on the Texas flats.

One of the flats that I love to fish has a tide movement, due to its
location miles away from the Gulf opening, that is THREE HOURS behind the
Solunar tidal effect. So, when the solunar table says 5 a.m. to 7:30a.m. is
a good time to fish..this place gets its tidal movement ( very helpful in SW
flats fishing) three hours AFTER the rising or falling moon.

I still think the best time to go fishing is when you can. I intend to
chart and document this "disparity" when I get back home this Fall. RichG

--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

Old August 25th, 2004, 11:21 PM

I think I found something that half way explains Major and Minor
periods. In an article by Rick Taylor he says the following: "Just
calling the moon's overhead position "Major" strongly suggests it is
to be considered the best time to go that day, regardless of what
other influences may exist. " Does this mean that the Major period is
the moon overhead period and the minor period is the moon under
period? If so, what are the starting and stopping points? I can not
find that explained. Yes, some of articles say that the major is
about 1 1/2 hrs and the minor about 1 hr. but I haven't seen an
explanation as to how they determine the start and stop. On Sun, 22