OT remission in remission

Old July 10th, 2008, 01:32 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default OT remission in remission

My remission went into remission and the kidney disease returned
with a vengeance. Actually, it's more of an auto-immune disease with
my kidneys being the innocent victims. Since the first course of
chemo didn't work I started a different one today. Naturally, if
I need it and it's expensive, the insurance won't pay for it, but
that's a worry for another day. I finally got a dose of Rituximab
today over the course of seven-and-half-hours with an IV in my arm.

I'd dearly love to hit the stream tomorrow with riverman and the
gear whore but I'm afraid I'm a little too pooped.

I am going to get out eventually though, perhaps as soon as this
weekend and me & the new puppy will fish, camp and canoe until I
have to do it all again. TR to follow.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old July 10th, 2008, 02:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message

I'd dearly love to hit the stream tomorrow with riverman and the
gear whore but I'm afraid I'm a little too pooped.

I am going to get out eventually though, perhaps as soon as this
weekend and me & the new puppy will fish, camp and canoe until I
have to do it all again. TR to follow.

We'd love to have you join us but you need to take care of the health part.
You let me know when you're up to it and we'll get something worked out.

Peace and Health my friend.

Old July 10th, 2008, 02:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 19:32:10 -0500, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

My remission went into remission and the kidney disease returned
with a vengeance.

Sorry to hear that, Ken.

Take your med, listen to what your wife says, and get well.

I'll corrupt Myron on that "tailwater" you have yet to fish.

Old July 10th, 2008, 04:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:

My remission went into remission and the kidney disease returned
with a vengeance. Actually, it's more of an auto-immune disease with
my kidneys being the innocent victims. Since the first course of
chemo didn't work I started a different one today. Naturally, if
I need it and it's expensive, the insurance won't pay for it, but
that's a worry for another day. I finally got a dose of Rituximab
today over the course of seven-and-half-hours with an IV in my arm.

I'd dearly love to hit the stream tomorrow with riverman and the
gear whore but I'm afraid I'm a little too pooped.

I am going to get out eventually though, perhaps as soon as this
weekend and me & the new puppy will fish, camp and canoe until I
have to do it all again. TR to follow.

****. That sucks. We enjoyed the bottle of vino y'all brought as a
happy this very evening...with some fish - OBROFF...just for "Fred"...

IAC, I'll now hit the Armagnac and hope you'll share a LD "cheers"...

TC...no, really...
Old July 10th, 2008, 07:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Jul 9, 5:32*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
My remission went into remission and the kidney disease returned
with a vengeance. Actually, it's more of an auto-immune disease with
my kidneys being the innocent victims. Since the first course of
chemo didn't work I started a different one today. Naturally, if
I need it and it's expensive, the insurance won't pay for it, but
that's a worry for another day. I finally got a dose of Rituximab
today over the course of seven-and-half-hours with an IV in my arm.

I'd dearly love to hit the stream tomorrow with riverman and the
gear whore but I'm afraid I'm a little too pooped.

I am going to get out eventually though, perhaps as soon as this
weekend and me & the new puppy will fish, camp and canoe until I
have to do it all again. TR to follow.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Rest, rituximab is heavy duty stuff.
Old July 10th, 2008, 09:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , Ken Fortenberry
writes
My remission went into remission and the kidney disease returned
with a vengeance. Actually, it's more of an auto-immune disease with
my kidneys being the innocent victims. Since the first course of
chemo didn't work I started a different one today. Naturally, if
I need it and it's expensive, the insurance won't pay for it, but
that's a worry for another day. I finally got a dose of Rituximab
today over the course of seven-and-half-hours with an IV in my arm.

I'd dearly love to hit the stream tomorrow with riverman and the
gear whore but I'm afraid I'm a little too pooped.

I am going to get out eventually though, perhaps as soon as this
weekend and me & the new puppy will fish, camp and canoe until I
have to do it all again. TR to follow.

Good luck and Good health Ken
--
Bill Grey

Old July 10th, 2008, 12:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Ken Fortenberry typed:
My remission went into remission and the kidney disease returned
with a vengeance. Actually, it's more of an auto-immune disease with
my kidneys being the innocent victims.

snip

Sorry to hear this, Ken. Hit it hard, fast, and move on to better things
soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
--
TL,
Tim

Old July 10th, 2008, 01:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

Ken Fortenberry wrote in
:

My remission went into remission and the kidney disease returned
with a vengeance.

Take care, Ken. One battle at a time.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old July 10th, 2008, 03:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
My remission went into remission and the kidney disease returned
with a vengeance.

i am unhappy with this kind of news. stop saying **** like that. write
that you are getting completely well, then you won't **** me off. you know
how i get.