Why that sonofabitch...

Old April 2nd, 2008, 07:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Why that sonofabitch...

The latest round of "pleeeeeease, oh pretty please, pick my husband..."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...lth-care-plan/

....and just what kind of monster supports a taxpayer-subsidized health
care plan that doesn't cover multi-millionaires...you know, Liz, the
part of America in which you live...

Sheesh, hasn't this silly social-clawing broad had her 15 minutes
YET...?
....she and hubby the hairboy are gonna wait in line at County for ward
space? Yeah, and Paris Hilton just can't wait get in on the free
processed cheese food product, too...
Old April 2nd, 2008, 09:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

wrote in message
news
...she and hubby the hairboy are gonna wait in line at County for ward
space? Yeah, and Paris Hilton just can't wait get in on the free
processed cheese food product, too...

whether she does or doesn't utilize a Universal Plan, doesn't mean it isn't
a VERY good idea. I mean, I don't see where the two equate. It's not like we
aren't paying, and in a very inefficient manner, for the healthcare of a lot
of others right now, right?
Tom

Old April 2nd, 2008, 10:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
BJ Conner

On Apr 2, 1:29*pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
wrote in message

news
...she and hubby the hairboy are gonna wait in line at County for ward
space? *Yeah, and Paris Hilton just can't wait get in on the free
processed cheese food product, too...

whether she does or doesn't utilize a Universal Plan, doesn't mean it isn't
a VERY good idea. I mean, I don't see where the two equate. It's not like we
aren't paying, and in a very inefficient manner, for the healthcare of a lot
of others right now, right?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tom

And the cost is making the cost of American goods non competive.
Like they say General Motors is a health care company that also builds
automobiles.
Were number 1 in Health Cost and 37 th in Quality. there is a lot of
nonproductive deadwood in the healthcare system. Let's see we put men
on the moon, have the biggest armed forces etc. etc. and we can come
up with a better system than the French?
Old April 2nd, 2008, 10:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 20:29:17 GMT, "Tom Littleton"
wrote:

wrote in message
news
...she and hubby the hairboy are gonna wait in line at County for ward
space? Yeah, and Paris Hilton just can't wait get in on the free
processed cheese food product, too...

whether she does or doesn't utilize a Universal Plan, doesn't mean it isn't
a VERY good idea. I mean, I don't see where the two equate.

Sure it does. What's the point of talking about, much less providing, a
health care plan (really, for such folks, an option) to people who have
no intention of using it? If the US is going to have some _additional_
form(s) of "universal" health care, it would seem that it ought to begin
with those who, first, are entitled to it (and IMO, that includes
citizens first, legal non-citizens second, and non-legal aliens, um,
well, not at all...) and actually _need_ it, and then, worry about
covering those who don't need it and won't use it.

It's not like we
aren't paying, and in a very inefficient manner, for the healthcare of a lot
of others right now, right?

Right, but that's a 'hole 'nuther, um, OBROFF - esp. for T-Bone, kettle
of fish...

TC,
Tom

Old April 2nd, 2008, 11:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

"Tom Littleton" wrote in message

wrote in message
news
...she and hubby the hairboy are gonna wait in line at County for ward
space? Yeah, and Paris Hilton just can't wait get in on the free
processed cheese food product, too...

whether she does or doesn't utilize a Universal Plan, doesn't mean it
isn't a VERY good idea. I mean, I don't see where the two equate. It's not
like we aren't paying, and in a very inefficient manner, for the
healthcare of a lot of others right now, right?
Tom

Why not just put a cap on how much profit can be made? Heck, the CEO's
don't "have" to be paid millions....

Kinda like a food co-op....

john

Old April 2nd, 2008, 11:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Jim Edmondson[_3_]

Hello asadi,

"Tom Littleton" wrote in message

wrote in message
news
...she and hubby the hairboy are gonna wait in line at County for
ward space? Yeah, and Paris Hilton just can't wait get in on the
free processed cheese food product, too...

whether she does or doesn't utilize a Universal Plan, doesn't mean it
isn't a VERY good idea. I mean, I don't see where the two equate.
It's not
like we aren't paying, and in a very inefficient manner, for the
healthcare of a lot of others right now, right?
Tom

Why not just put a cap on how much profit can be made? Heck, the
CEO's don't "have" to be paid millions....

Kinda like a food co-op....

john

talk about serving up a grapefruit ;-)

Jim

Old April 3rd, 2008, 12:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 22:29:20 GMT, "asadi"
wrote:

"Tom Littleton" wrote in message

wrote in message
news
...she and hubby the hairboy are gonna wait in line at County for ward
space? Yeah, and Paris Hilton just can't wait get in on the free
processed cheese food product, too...

whether she does or doesn't utilize a Universal Plan, doesn't mean it
isn't a VERY good idea. I mean, I don't see where the two equate. It's not
like we aren't paying, and in a very inefficient manner, for the
healthcare of a lot of others right now, right?
Tom

Why not just put a cap on how much profit can be made?

Why not just put a cap on how much health care is provided?

Heck, the CEO's don't "have" to be paid millions....

Heck, those that can't afford health care don't "have" to have it
provided...

Kinda like a food co-op....

Well, kinda like something, anyway...

HTH,

john

Old April 3rd, 2008, 02:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Calif Bill

wrote:

"Tom Littleton" wrote in message

wrote in message
news ...she and hubby the hairboy are gonna wait in line at County for ward
space? Yeah, and Paris Hilton just can't wait get in on the free
processed cheese food product, too...

whether she does or doesn't utilize a Universal Plan, doesn't mean it
isn't a VERY good idea. I mean, I don't see where the two equate. It's
not
like we aren't paying, and in a very inefficient manner, for the
healthcare of a lot of others right now, right?
Tom

Why not just put a cap on how much profit can be made?

Why not just put a cap on how much health care is provided?

Heck, the CEO's don't "have" to be paid millions....

Heck, those that can't afford health care don't "have" to have it
provided...

Kinda like a food co-op....

Well, kinda like something, anyway...

HTH,

john

Major reason for the huge healthcare costs are HMO's. Before you could go
to the hospital for a cold or sniffle for a $5 copay, you waited out the
cold for 3 days. Now you co to the hospital, get your temp taken and a lot
of other tests and cost the system a thousand or two, and you go home a pop
an aspirin and wait 3 days for the cold to go away. Also, that $60,000,000
that Edwards has is from Malpractice suits against mostly OB/GYN. And most
were very flaky cases. So that $60mm Edwards got probably cost a billion
dollars total to society in court costs, taxes and the defense of the suits.
You go to the ER now, they are going to run a couple $k of tests to protect
themselves from liability suits. All this adds up big time. Prices
insurance out of reach for a lot of the population. And if you are in the
lower 25% with no assets, you already have universal healthcare. Hospitals
have to provide care, and you have no assets to pay, so the rest of us pay
more. Plus the $k for tests to provide malpractice defense.

Old April 3rd, 2008, 02:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...

Major reason for the huge healthcare costs

Look dude, opinions are like assholes so you and BJ are entitled to yours
but as someone once posted, you guys are not entitled to your own facts.

There's a myriad number of reasons that compound the issues regarding the
costs and access to health care services in this country but HMO's,
defensive medicine, and lawsuits are not a major player in the total costs.
And the average ER visit in my healthcare system and state is signifcantly
less than a grand and the effing quality is pretty damn good, not perfect
everywhere but much higher than being "ranked" #37.

Now back to your regulary scheduled whatever y'all want to call this.

Old April 3rd, 2008, 03:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 21:31:21 -0400, "Wayne Knight"
wrote:

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
om...

Major reason for the huge healthcare costs

Look dude, opinions are like assholes so you and BJ are entitled to yours
but as someone once posted, you guys are not entitled to your own facts.

There's a myriad number of reasons that compound the issues regarding the
costs and access to health care services in this country but HMO's,
defensive medicine, and lawsuits are not a major player in the total costs.
And the average ER visit in my healthcare system and state is signifcantly
less than a grand and the effing quality is pretty damn good, not perfect
everywhere but much higher than being "ranked" #37.

Now back to your regulary scheduled whatever y'all want to call this.

Well, now...I was waiting until someone else who actually, you know,
sorta had some idea of that which they spoke with regards to "American"
health care showed up...ooh, ooh, and accounting, too...

So, anyways, care to attempt to shoot down the asinine idea that the US
should provide "universal health care" to not only millionaire
malpractice plaintiffs' attorney's wives who aren't interested in using
such a system (and yeah, Elizabitch, I'm talking about your ass and rest
your "the other America"...) as well as folks who are no more entitled
to US-taxpayer-funded healthcare than they are to, oh, say, French
taxpayer-supported healthcare...

Curious,