Cicadas on Penns

Old June 17th, 2008, 03:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Default Cicadas on Penns

The reports are awesome. Big fish smashing cicadas. People getting
tired of catching fish. Time to head out.
Frank Reid
(In Worchester, MA right now)
Old June 17th, 2008, 01:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike

Where ya headed out to Frank.............
Old June 17th, 2008, 07:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Gene Cyprych

On Jun 16, 10:55*pm, Frank Reid wrote:
The reports are awesome. *Big fish smashing cicadas. *People getting
tired of catching fish. *Time to head out.
Frank Reid
(In Worchester, MA right now)

That's not what I saw. I did hit them pretty hard on the "Greg
Hoover" cicada on Spring Creek Friday(6/13) and Saturday but not on
Penns. The people I know that tried them on Penns got some action but
not a lot. On Spring, the louder they (the cicadas) got the better
the fish were at taking them. If you weren't fishing the banks then
you were fishing. If you were fishing the banks, then you were
catching. Nice sized fish too.

Penns- Friday night at Ingleby was very good. Fished just off the
parking lot (lot had 6 or 7 vehicles). Started about 7. Used size 16
BWO emrgers and got some action. Then about 9 size 12 spinners and did
even better. Saturday evening we fished down from Stan's Bridge for
about an hour- we got a few.

I did hear that there were parts of Penns that had cicadas stacked
inches deep but I did not see that.
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Gene Cyprych wrote:

I did hear that there were parts of Penns that had cicadas stacked
inches deep but I did not see that.

Cicadas stacked inches deep would be a very bad sign for decent fishing.

Old June 17th, 2008, 11:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 17-Jun-2008, rw wrote:

Gene Cyprych wrote:

I did hear that there were parts of Penns that had cicadas stacked
inches deep but I did not see that.

Cicadas stacked inches deep would be a very bad sign for decent fishing.

I would think that it would be a bad sign for everything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada

Although they are not harmful and at times beneficial to people
Many people do eat them.

I would prefer a brook trout w olive oil (or a little butter) tomato, onions
and a lrttle Monteral Spice
baked in a camplmfire with potatoes or even eggs

Fred
Old June 18th, 2008, 02:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

"Frank Reid" wrote in message

The reports are awesome. Big fish smashing cicadas. People getting
tired of catching fish. Time to head out.

Last Thursday am, smashing would not be the right word but they were
effective along the banks and under the trees. Seemed to be heavier
downstate. Had better luck with copper johns, stones, BWO, and slate drakes.

Seems Maryland has at least one decent little wild stream too.

Gee, the Smoky's a month ago, Pennsylvania and Maryland last week. Now
Michigan starting tomorrow night. July might be a little sparse except for
Riverman's visit but August looks like northern Idaho is in the plans. The
fishing life is good for a change.

Old June 18th, 2008, 03:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On Jun 17, 8:58*pm, "Wayne Knight" wrote:
"Frank Reid" wrote in message

The reports are awesome. *Big fish smashing cicadas. *People getting
tired of catching fish. *Time to head out.

Last Thursday am, smashing would not be the right word but they were
effective along the banks and under the trees. Seemed to be heavier
downstate. Had better luck with copper johns, stones, BWO, and slate drakes.

Seems Maryland has at least one decent little wild stream too.

Gee, the Smoky's a month ago, Pennsylvania and Maryland last week. Now
Michigan starting tomorrow night. July might be a little sparse except for
Riverman's visit but August looks like northern Idaho is in the plans. The
fishing life is good for a change.

I'm consorting with generals in Mass and trying to pull chocks. Hmm,
my mother-in-law has extended her stay with us 'cause she can't visit
her friends in Iowa due to the flooding. Thinkin' I need to escape
pretty quick. 4th of July weekend is looking better and better.
Frank Reid
(I got ta get out of this place, if its the last thing I ever dooo!)
Old June 18th, 2008, 04:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

On Jun 17, 10:30*pm, Frank Reid wrote:

*Thinkin' I need to escape
pretty quick. *4th of July weekend is looking better and better.
Frank Reid
(I got ta get out of this place, if its the last thing I ever dooo!)-

Come on down, just got a new toy for the back yard, and no mother in
law here.

www.biggreenegg.com

Old June 18th, 2008, 11:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

*Thinkin' I need to escape
pretty quick. *4th of July weekend is looking better and better.
Frank Reid
(I got ta get out of this place, if its the last thing I ever dooo!)-

Come on down, just got a new toy for the back yard, and no mother in
law here.

Need a kitchen pass. Will have to work on it when I get back.
Frank

Old June 18th, 2008, 03:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

"Fred" wrote

I would prefer a brook trout w olive oil (or a little butter) tomato,
onions
and a lrttle Monteral Spice

firends don't let firends eat monteral spice.

wayno