Winston Rod

Old August 13th, 2008, 10:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Default Winston Rod

I broke my Winston LT 5 weight when I fell on the Rapid in June.
Broke the 4th and 5th sections. So, I gathered up the remains,
stuffed them into the rod bag/tube, and forgot about it. Duh!

I used a Sage 4 weight and an Orvis 6 weight completely forgetting
about having the LT fixed. I finally remembered it, called Winston in
Montana, and the sweet young lady confirmed that I was the original
purchaser of the rod and I should send it to them with a check for 50
bucks to cover postage/handling/insurance. Such a deal!

If they can not repair it (two new sections), they will replace it.
Such a deal! Now I know why I spent so much money on the beautiful
thing. It is by far the best fly rod I have ever fished with, capable
of short, accurate casts, delicate presentations with dries, or wind
stomping casts with streamers and a sink line. It has served me
faithfully for more than six (??) years (whenever the LT series first
came out) in Labrador, and Maine. Peter Charles recommended it to me.

Old August 14th, 2008, 12:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message

If they can not repair it (two new sections), they will replace it.
Such a deal! Now I know why I spent so much money on the beautiful
thing. It is by far the best fly rod I have ever fished with, capable
of short, accurate casts, delicate presentations with dries, or wind
stomping casts with streamers and a sink line.

Since they still offer the rod in their catalog I am sure they can repair
it. But in off chance they can't, ask them to give you one of the new
BIImx's. The BIIt's are sweet too but if you're an LT guy you're going to
wet your pants fishing with the mx.

But you point out that one man's dream rod is another man's tomato stick. I
had to have that rod when it first came out in 1997 and did. It just wasn't
my cup of tea so to speak and traded it in on something else. For me the
good old Winston IM6 just can't be beat.

Old August 14th, 2008, 12:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:12:44 -0400, "Wayne Knight"
wrote:

The BIIt's are sweet too but if you're an LT guy you're going to
wet your pants fishing with the mx.

I've been looking at 9 weights (for salt) and have settle on the
Winston MX. Very nice rod. I am sure the 5 weight mx is good too,
but I have fallen in love with the LT over the years (has it been
since 97?). It has landed some very big fish over the years and has
served me well.

Old August 14th, 2008, 11:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT[_2_]

[...]

Dave

Had the same experience when my cousin snapped the middle section of my 9'
5wt LTX... Great service and it casts like new.

How you been LaCockroach!

JT

Old August 14th, 2008, 11:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:10:49 -0700, "JT"
wrote:

How you been LaCockroach!

Pretty good, all things considered. Got the good new this morning
that I do NOT have Lyme Desease. If only they could figger out what
it is. d;o( My right wrist is swollen to almost twice it's normal
size, so fishing up north in a few weeks will be a problem unless I
can get the swelling and the pain down.

LaCockaroachA (please to spell it correctly!)
d;o)

Old August 15th, 2008, 01:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

Dave LaCourse wrote in
:

My right wrist is swollen to almost twice it's normal
size, so fishing up north in a few weeks will be a problem unless I
can get the swelling and the pain down.

Perhaps its time to slow down on the abusing yourself thing

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old August 15th, 2008, 02:01 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On 15 Aug 2008 00:43:37 GMT, Scott Seidman
wrote:

Perhaps its time to slow down on the abusing yourself thing

LOL. This morning I was watching the news on one of the morning shows
and they had Ernest Borgnine (he is *still* alive!). The host asked
him what he attributed his longevity to, and Bornine whispered in the
host's ear but everyone else heard, "I masturbate often." You could
have heard a pin drop.

Old August 15th, 2008, 12:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:12:44 -0400, some vile addy-snatcher used "Wayne
Knight" to tell scurrilous lies about the
following:

...I...traded it in...

Well, obviously, a sock puppet...

HTH,
Old August 15th, 2008, 04:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

wrote:

Perhaps its time to slow down on the abusing yourself thing

LOL. This morning I was watching the news on one of the morning shows
and they had Ernest Borgnine (he is *still* alive!). The host asked
him what he attributed his longevity to, and Bornine whispered in the
host's ear but everyone else heard, "I masturbate often." You could
have heard a pin drop.

Dave

Could be related to the swelling in your wrist?

Get well and good luck with the fishing...

JT

Old August 15th, 2008, 04:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

"JT" wrote in news:g846qp$nb5$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

Could be related to the swelling in your wrist?

That's what I was thinking-- it wasn't swelling, just that the right arm
was freakishly better exercised than the left.

Pin this down, Pirate. My dad was having leg edema problems that the docs
couldn't get on top of. He ended up trying some herbal remedy that he
really thinks worked quite well for him (and he was a pharmacists for his
whole career). I think it might have been dandelion, but I'm not sure.
Ping me if you want me to find out.

If you do go the herbal route, be sure to let your doc know about it. Some
of these deals are powerful agents you don't want to mix and match with.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply