Smokey Mountian Trout

Old September 28th, 2008, 07:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Smokey Mountian Trout

Passing through the eastern Tennessee area on the way to and from
Indiana, Would like to do some trout fly fishing.
The deal is that I will be with my wife and dog so I will not be able
to go off with a guide, was hoping to find a cabin or campground on
fishing waters. I know that this is a peak time for the area and
trying to find a place that accepts pets is limited, thinking of
trying Abrams or Deep Creek in the Nat. park? We have looked all over
the web for info and will plan on staying away from high traffic areas
like Gatlinburg? Will also need to buy flies, wade boots and whatever
I discover is needed??? Any thoughts on fishing area, lodging, good
eats or must do stuff will be appreciated. Thanks, Jim
Old September 28th, 2008, 10:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

wrote in message

Passing through the eastern Tennessee area on the way to and from
Indiana, Would like to do some trout fly fishing.
The deal is that I will be with my wife and dog so I will not be able
to go off with a guide, was hoping to find a cabin or campground on
fishing waters.

Bryson City NC or Townsend TN. If deep creek stay in Bryson, if anywhere
else try Townsend.
Little River outfitters in Townsend is a fine shop and there are campgrounds
and mom/pop motels on the little river just outside the park. There is also
a shop in Cherokee NC to get fishing goods too.

Abramms can be a bugger at times and getting there from Cades Cove a PITA,
but there is another access road south and east of Townsend but you have to
walk a bit to get to the trout water. Back to Townsend, The Little River and
it's various forks are very easy to access and parts of that system produces
the biggest fish in the park.

To/From Indiana? What part? I am in Indianapolis