Suggestions for a Winter Trip

Old September 23rd, 2003, 07:20 PM
Clark Reid

Default Suggestions for a Winter Trip

Look at it this way, two people can stay for a week in comfort for
the price of the round-trip airline tickets to New Zealand.

Then it would make more sense to be in New Zealand... especially as in
winter in the US it would be the middle of summer in NZ, less people, bigger
fish, no bears, no snakes.... rest of government sponsored commercial
snipped....

--
Clark Reid
http://www.dryflynz.com

Old September 24th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Larry L

Ask Susan

After 27 very happy years with my bride ... I go on my vacations, alone,
where she's not interested ... Montana ...she goes on ones alone where I'm
not too interested ...Europe

And we go on some together .... where she wants to go and I can survive
without dying of boredom or claustrophobia G

Works well for us

Old September 24th, 2003, 03:37 AM

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 06:20:13 +1200, "Clark Reid"
wrote:

Then it would make more sense to be in New Zealand... especially as in
winter in the US it would be the middle of summer in NZ, less people, bigger
fish, no bears, no snakes.... rest of government sponsored commercial
snipped....

If you go to NZ, you drink Steinlager. If you go anywhere in the
Rockies, you drink Coor's.

OTOH, that twelve-hour trans-Pac flight may be the wrong choice for
someone who hasn't flown in 20 years. I fly every few months, and the
LAX-Auckland-Melbourne beats the crap out of me.

Being stuck in Australia or NZ would be pretty cool, although I don't
see being allowed to continue my profession over there. I didn't look
too deeply, but there's that whole citizenship thing...

Mike S. Medintz
"if one feels compelled to wear a sweatshirt over one's bikini for an
"after" pic, it's probably not really an after." -Sarah Jane, in m.f.w
Old September 24th, 2003, 04:26 AM
B J Conner

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
news
rw wrote:

Look at it this way. You can go to Argentina in the winter (their
summer) and get about a 3:1 advantage on your dollar, ...

How's the snorkeling there ?

--
Ken Fortenberry

Stay off the beach!
http://www.biganimals.com/argentina_orca_g12.html

Old September 24th, 2003, 04:33 AM
Willi

Thanks for the suggestions. We're giving Belize a hard look. Caye
Caulker strikes me as a funky, laid back, less developed Caye that seems
like it would fit us. Then maybe a few days in the Placencia area to see
some ruins and rain forests.

Still open to other suggestions.

Willi

Old September 24th, 2003, 05:13 AM
daytripper

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:33:42 -0600, Willi wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. We're giving Belize a hard look. Caye
Caulker strikes me as a funky, laid back, less developed Caye that seems
like it would fit us. Then maybe a few days in the Placencia area to see
some ruins and rain forests.

Still open to other suggestions.

British Virgin Islands.
Old September 24th, 2003, 10:38 AM
Charlie Choc

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:13:23 -0400, daytripper
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:33:42 -0600, Willi wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. We're giving Belize a hard look. Caye
Caulker strikes me as a funky, laid back, less developed Caye that seems
like it would fit us. Then maybe a few days in the Placencia area to see
some ruins and rain forests.

Still open to other suggestions.

British Virgin Islands.

Nice there, for sure - but I bet you'd love Belize.
--
Charlie...
Old September 24th, 2003, 12:07 PM
Clark Reid

If you go to NZ, you drink Steinlager. If you go anywhere in the
Rockies, you drink Coor's.

Oh heck, that's just for the tourists If you find yourself here again try
Tui or DB Draught or DB Export. If in the South then definately drink
SPEIGHTS! "Pride of the South" and if you can get it try the West Coast
South Island "Monteiths"... that's a beer so good I worte a song about
it....

Even better, if any of you do find yourselves down here... get in touch and
we'll try the bloody lot!

snip
Being stuck in Australia or NZ would be pretty cool, although I don't
see being allowed to continue my profession over there. I didn't look
too deeply, but there's that whole citizenship thing...

Citizenship isn't easy, but it is doable, there's plenty of other expat US
people here.

--
Clark Reid
http://www.dryflynz.com