OT NDC Molly Ivins

Old September 23rd, 2003, 10:35 PM
Garry Bryan

Default OT NDC Molly Ivins

In rec.music.gdead volkfolk wrote:

: "Garry Bryan" wrote in message
: ...
: In rec.music.gdead volkfolk wrote:
:
: : "Joe" wrote in message
: : ...
: : In rec.music.gdead volkfolk wrote:
: :
: : Whatever, I don't seem to have any problems understanding or making
: : myself
: : understood with anyone else.
:
: : Agreeing with someone is NOT the same thing as understanding what
: someone is
: : saying.
:
: And understanding what someone says is not the same as agreeing. . .used
: to have
: to tell my ex-wife that after her umpteenth time of repeating her
: viewpoint
: thinking that once I understood I would suddenly agree. . .

: LOL, it a hard lesson for some people to learn. But you shouldn't have to
: agree with someone about everything in order to get along either.

: My wife and I disagree about lots of stuff, but we get along pretty well
: most of the time.

: The marriage that I can't figure out for the life of me is James Carville
: and Mary Matlin. Talk about the classic case study for how opposites
: attract.

But at least they talk and don't play the "there has to be a winner and a loser"
game. . .that **** drives me crazy. . .unless it is something inherently
important that you must cooperate on, why must you have it one way or the other?
Compromise or two things one tube of toothpaste to squeeze in the middle and
one to roll from the bottom usually solves it. .. but you have to *talk* about
it and respect the others feelings. . .most conflicts come from one person
*feeling* about something while the other *thinks* about it. . .and sometimes
you just want to be mad for awhile. . .

Garry

Old September 23rd, 2003, 11:27 PM
Wayne Harrison

From: "volkfolk"

Talk about the classic case study for how opposites
attract.

Or how personally committed one or both of them are to their public

personnae.

George Adams

there's a lesson in there about our troublesome little pal forty, if you
care to think about it, volks guy.
wayno (not that you would, of course)

Old September 24th, 2003, 02:02 AM
volkfolk

"Garry Bryan" wrote in message
In rec.music.gdead volkfolk wrote:

: "Garry Bryan" wrote in message
: ...
: In rec.music.gdead volkfolk wrote:
:
: : "Joe" wrote in message
: : ...
[...]

Absolutely, It took us a long time to figure that one out, but we are
getting better about knowing how to deal with each others idiosyncrasies.
Plus it helps if you know when to just let something go or when to just walk
away

Scot

Old September 24th, 2003, 03:25 AM
d buebly

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:35:18 +0000 (UTC), Garry Bryan
wrote:

snippage

But at least they talk and don't play the "there has to be a winner and a loser"
game. . .that **** drives me crazy. . .unless it is something inherently
important that you must cooperate on, why must you have it one way or the other?
Compromise or two things one tube of toothpaste to squeeze in the middle and
one to roll from the bottom usually solves it. .. but you have to *talk* about
it and respect the others feelings. . .most conflicts come from one person
*feeling* about something while the other *thinks* about it. . .and sometimes
you just want to be mad for awhile. . .

Garry

I like that description, "and sometimes you just want to be mad for a
while."

If the glove fits......