Suggestions for a Winter Trip

Old September 23rd, 2003, 03:09 PM
rw

Default Suggestions for a Winter Trip

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

I highly recommend The Rainbow Ranch.

At approximately $180/day? I don't think so. It is, however, a great
place for an elitist dilettante with more money than sense.

Old September 23rd, 2003, 03:11 PM
Ken Fortenberry

rw wrote:
I suppose if you're saving up for a once-a-year week-long fishing
vacation, something like the Rainbow Ranch might make sense.

Look at it this way, two people can stay for a week in comfort for
the price of the round-trip airline tickets to New Zealand.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old September 23rd, 2003, 03:19 PM
Charlie Choc

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:11:52 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

rw wrote:
I suppose if you're saving up for a once-a-year week-long fishing
vacation, something like the Rainbow Ranch might make sense.

Look at it this way, two people can stay for a week in comfort for
the price of the round-trip airline tickets to New Zealand.

How's the snorkeling there?
--
Charlie...
Old September 23rd, 2003, 03:42 PM
Tim J.

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote...
rw wrote:
I suppose if you're saving up for a once-a-year week-long fishing
vacation, something like the Rainbow Ranch might make sense.

Look at it this way, two people can stay for a week in comfort for
the price of the round-trip airline tickets to New Zealand.

Since the number one item on Willi's criteria list was "warmth" and he mentions
"snorkeling", the price of Rainbow Ranch probably doesn't matter much to him.
;-)
--
TL,
Tim

Old September 23rd, 2003, 03:45 PM
rw

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
rw wrote:

... It is, however, a great place for an elitist dilettante with more
money than sense.

So, you've been there, I take it.

Nope. I've been to places like it, though. It's not my cup of tea at all.

Old September 23rd, 2003, 03:56 PM
Ken Fortenberry

rw wrote:

Look at it this way. You can go to Argentina in the winter (their
summer) and get about a 3:1 advantage on your dollar, ...

How's the snorkeling there ?

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old September 23rd, 2003, 04:17 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Tim J. wrote:

Since the number one item on Willi's criteria list was "warmth" ...

Coming from the midwest like I do, I gotta tell you, 20F on a bright
sunny day in the bone dry air at 5000 to 7000 ft IS warm. Practically
balmy. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old September 23rd, 2003, 04:28 PM
rw

wrote:

rw wrote:

I suppose if you're saving up for a once-a-year week-long fishing
vacation, something like the Rainbow Ranch might make sense.

Look at it this way, two people can stay for a week in comfort for
the price of the round-trip airline tickets to New Zealand.

How's the snorkeling there?

Cold.

Look at it this way. You can go to Argentina in the winter (their
summer) and get about a 3:1 advantage on your dollar, and the fishing is
one HELL OF A LOT better than the Gallatin in the winter.

Old September 23rd, 2003, 05:56 PM
rw

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

How's the snorkeling there ?

Bring a wetsuit.

Old September 23rd, 2003, 07:16 PM
Clark Reid

Willi,

Maybe give NZ another thought... If you time it right you get on the plane
in L.A. take a sleeping pil, wake up in Auckland good to go.

I gather from your thinking you probably wont go down that road, but if you
do let me know and I'll make sure I get a day set aside to show you some of
my favortie places.

--
Clark Reid
http://www.dryflynz.com