OT Fall just arrived

Old September 24th, 2003, 04:18 PM
Larry L

Default OT Fall just arrived

Where I live, Nature does a rather poor job of defining the seasons. We
are still having 100 degree weather, for instance.

But, every year I know for sure that Fall has arrived when I spot the first
flock of migrating Sandhill Cranes ... I was out playing with a puppy and
the first ones this year just circled the pond looking to see if it was good
enough for a rest stop.

Fall is here ... and it will probably only make the high 90s today G

Old September 24th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Larry L wrote:

Fall is here ...

and both the Cubs and the Red Sox have a shot at the playoffs.

The denizens of Hades are all ordering parkas. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old September 24th, 2003, 04:33 PM
Tim J.

"Ken Fortenberry" wroteom...
Larry L wrote:

Fall is here ...

and both the Cubs and the Red Sox have a shot at the playoffs.

Playoffs are seldom the problem for the Sox. Just don't say "W_r_d S_r_es".
--
TL,
Tim

Old September 24th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Kevin Vang

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

and both the Cubs and the Red Sox have a shot at the playoffs.

The denizens of Hades are all ordering parkas. ;-)

And the Twins just clinched their playoff spot last night!

Kevin,
XL Tall, pleast

Old September 24th, 2003, 09:04 PM
Paul Goodwin

and both the Cubs and the Red Sox have a shot at the playoffs.

The denizens of Hades are all ordering parkas. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Don't jinx them. While the Sox have a shot there sre still 5 games to blow a
3-1/2 game advantage over Seattle.

Paul

Old September 24th, 2003, 09:24 PM
rb608

"Paul Goodwin" wrote in message
Don't jinx them. While the Sox have a shot there sre still 5 games to blow

3-1/2 game advantage over Seattle.

Not to worry; they're playing Baltimore for two more games; then three with
Tampa. If they can blow a 3-1/2 game lead with that schedule, even *I'll*
start believing in curses. :-)

Joe F.

Old September 24th, 2003, 10:19 PM
Brimbum

Ken wrote:and both the Cubs and the Red Sox have a shot at the playoffs.

The denizens of Hades are all ordering parkas. ;-)

These must be some kind of baseball teams. I haven't enjoyed baseball since
Dizzie Dean quit calling the games. It always seems the perfect time to play
with some bluegill when they are playing baseball.

Big Dale
Old September 24th, 2003, 10:25 PM
riverman

"rb608" wrote in message

"Paul Goodwin" wrote in message
Don't jinx them. While the Sox have a shot there sre still 5 games to

blow
3-1/2 game advantage over Seattle.

Not to worry; they're playing Baltimore for two more games; then three

with
Tampa. If they can blow a 3-1/2 game lead with that schedule, even

*I'll*
start believing in curses. :-)

START believing in curses?? Can you say "1978"?? 14 and a half games out in
the lead, and they blow it in a postseason playoff game with the Jerkees.
I'm still traumatized by that.

--riverman

Old September 24th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Brimbum wrote:

Ken wrote:
and both the Cubs and the Red Sox have a shot at the playoffs.

The denizens of Hades are all ordering parkas. ;-)

These must be some kind of baseball teams.

Do you think ?

I haven't enjoyed baseball since
Dizzie Dean quit calling the games. It always seems the perfect time to play
with some bluegill when they are playing baseball.

Old Dizzy was quite the character, here's one of his quotes:

"It ain't what it used to be, Granny. But what the hell is?"

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old September 24th, 2003, 11:18 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Kevin Vang" wrote in message
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

and both the Cubs and the Red Sox have a shot at the playoffs.

The denizens of Hades are all ordering parkas. ;-)

And the Twins just clinched their playoff spot last night!

Kevin,
XL Tall, pleast

boy, are you guys gonna catch hell from rw for all this ot sports
stuff...

yfitons
wayno (your only hope is that he likes baseball more than college football)