Enrico Puglisi Fly Tying Help

Old January 15th, 2006, 01:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Default Enrico Puglisi Fly Tying Help

Greetings,

I am looking for some help at tying some EP fly patterns. Although there
are many sites with photos of his flies, none of them offer tying
instructions or recipes. I would be grateful if anyone could help with some
directions for tying his baitfish patterns.

Thanks, Tony

Old January 15th, 2006, 06:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

I am looking for some help at tying some EP fly patterns. Although there
are many sites with photos of his flies, none of them offer tying
instructions or recipes. I would be grateful if anyone could help with
some directions for tying his baitfish patterns.

Tony,
I know its kinda late for the Maryland show, but you could go to the
Sommerset NJ show in two weeks and ask him. He'll be there. My foot should
be healed up (its broken) enough that I could go. You want to join me?

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old January 15th, 2006, 11:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

"Frank Reid" ten.tsacmoc@diersicnarf wrote in message

Sommerset NJ show in two weeks and ask him. He'll be there. My foot should
be healed up (its broken) enough that I could go. You want to join me?

Frank, I might make it to that one as well. BTW, what the heck did you do to
yourself now?
Tom

Old January 16th, 2006, 06:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Tom wrote BTW, what the heck did you do to yourself now?

More to the point, was he wearing waders and did anyone see him or
catch him on film? ;-)

/Roger

Old January 16th, 2006, 05:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Uh, I was exercising and doing a 450lb squat.. no, that ain't right.
Ya know the old saw about going home, kissing the wife and kicking the
dog? Don't screw up the mix on that one. She won't hand it back in
the same condition it went out.
In all honesty, I've been working out since I quit smoking. I was
using an elliptical for my cardio. The doc says that the muscles in my
legs got so strong that they literally popped a bone in my foot. If I
had worked out a bit slower, the bone would have had a chance to build
up to match the muscle growth in my legs. Its a stress fracture.
Wiff kept calling me a wimp because for three weeks as I would get up
in the morning, start walking and have a massive amount of pain in my
foot. Found out that the bone would start healing overnight and each
morning I would rebreak it as soon as I walked on it. Used that guilt
to get my new Norvise.
I've rebroken it at least once and probably twice since then. The last
time was Thursday evening going through airport security at BWI. I'm
hoping the doc doesn't put me in a hard cast tomorrow. Its my left
foot and my truck is a 5 speed. Would make the drive to Omaha in 6
weeks really suck.
What day you going to the show?
Cheers
Frank Reid

Old January 16th, 2006, 09:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

wrote:
Greetings,

I am looking for some help at tying some EP fly patterns. Although there
are many sites with photos of his flies, none of them offer tying
instructions or recipes. I would be grateful if anyone could help with some
directions for tying his baitfish patterns.

Thanks, Tony

Hi Tony,

His flies are not that hard to tie.......if I can do it, anybody can.
;-) If you have already tried it, with less than desirable results, I
suggest you order 1-2 tied flies as patterns. It will be very apparent
on how the flies should be tied. I could go step by step with
instructions, but I would just end up confusing you....and probably
myself. Enrico was going to put tying instruction on his website, but I
have no idea if he ever did.

VERY briefly:
1. Tie in red throat
2. Tie in top color on top of the hook shank(1/2 -3/4 back from the eye)
3. Tie in bottom color.
4. Alternate till you get up to the eye.
5. Tie in strips(white or any color you wish) on each side to cover hook
shank.
6. Whip & cement
7. Trim to desired shape & size.
8. Add doll or 3D eyes. I add ZAP A Gap to secure them.

Note, you can add flash to the body, or on the sides, or both. Less
fibers work better than more. I know I probably simplified this too
much, but it really isn't a complicated fly to tie. You do invest time
in each fly, because of all the repetitive steps.

brians

Old January 17th, 2006, 01:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
hoping the doc doesn't put me in a hard cast tomorrow. Its my left
foot and my truck is a 5 speed. Would make the drive to Omaha in

6
weeks really suck.
What day you going to the show?
Cheers

shoot, even with a cast you could make it to Omaha in under 6 weeksg. If I
go, it will be Saturday, still mulling over, as I really don't need to
purchase anything, nice to see fellow travellers, though.
Tom

Old January 17th, 2006, 02:32 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Okay, how 'bout you being my personal shopper. You can point out the
"must haves" in Omaha, such as a chartreuse coyote mask.
Well, if you're there on Saturday, I'll see you.
Cheers
Frank

Old January 17th, 2006, 10:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay, how 'bout you being my personal shopper. You can point out the
"must haves" in Omaha, such as a chartreuse coyote mask.
Well, if you're there on Saturday, I'll see you.
Cheers
Frank

as far as I can tell, the only "must have" in Omaha is a means to
escape......but, that is just meg
Tom