OT We're Doomed

Old September 27th, 2008, 04:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default OT We're Doomed

McCain didn't foam at the mouth or fall down twitching
in an epileptic fit and he didn't look too terribly nuts
or unpresidential, so he won.

God help us.

Proving the old adage; "When the going gets tough the tough
go fishing", me and the pup are in Boulder Junction tonight.
Trout fishing tomorrow during the day, back here to the hotel
room to watch Illini-Penn State tomorrow night, then set up
our basecamp for an extended bout of fall musky and smallmouth
fishing on Sunday.

I'll check in on roff, and post links to pics, every now and
then from a WiFi hotspot at a local watering hole with a dog
friendly outdoor beer garden overlooking the Manitowish River.

Y'all play nice.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 22:50:13 -0500, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

McCain didn't foam at the mouth or fall down twitching
in an epileptic fit and he didn't look too terribly nuts
or unpresidential, so he won.

God help us.

Proving the old adage; "When the going gets tough the tough
go fishing", me and the pup are in Boulder Junction tonight.
Trout fishing tomorrow during the day, back here to the hotel
room to watch Illini-Penn State tomorrow night, then set up
our basecamp for an extended bout of fall musky and smallmouth
fishing on Sunday.

I'll check in on roff, and post links to pics, every now and
then from a WiFi hotspot at a local watering hole with a dog
friendly outdoor beer garden overlooking the Manitowish River.

Y'all play nice.

Don't despair, your premise is likely flawed. I think most people were
actually wondering if Obama could match up in "Presidentialness" with McCain,
and as far as that goes, Obama did just fine. He was certainly more coherent
than McCain, who frequently struggled to keep a thread on track.

Indeed, McCain may have hurt himself when he started getting agitated and
resorted to filibustering the limited time, and making demeaning statements.
And while I'm not a student of the whole "body language" thing, he came off
looking like a white-knuckled stiff compared to Obama. Sure - he didn't
actually burst into flames, but as he sinks further in the polls, that might
just happen in the next debate.

Anyway...according to the only *sampling* poll of those who actually watched
the debate that I've found so far, Obama "won" the debate hands-down. But the
greater point is, this first debate was supposed to play to McCain's alleged
strengths in foreign policy. It definitely didn't...

Have fun, catch a bunch of feesh!

/daytripper
Old September 27th, 2008, 12:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"daytripper" wrote in message
Anyway...according to the only *sampling* poll of those who actually
watched
the debate that I've found so far, Obama "won" the debate hands-down.

I found it fun to keep an eye on CNN's response meter of real-time emotional
response from a captive audience. Obama was actually getting better response
from Republicans, at times, than McCain. It was visible that when the
speaker switched from Obama to McCain, the meter plummetted, so I think
McCain's mannerisms put folks off. Sadly, Obama missed one opportunity to
end it all. McCain went on about Iran's Republican guard being a supporter
of terrorism. Iran doesn't HAVE a Republican Guard, the military wing is the
Revolutionary Guard, and had Obama politely pointed that out, it would have
made McCain look dim on his strong suit. Instead, Obama responded, repeating
McCain's error. So, silly season continues.
Tom

Old September 27th, 2008, 02:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
McCain didn't foam at the mouth or fall down twitching
in an epileptic fit and he didn't look too terribly nuts
or unpresidential, so he won.

I didn't see much of a win or a loss, just a battle to not eff up - boring
as hell.
--
TL,
Tim

Old September 27th, 2008, 02:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika[_2_]

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
McCain didn't foam at the mouth or fall down twitching
in an epileptic fit and he didn't look too terribly nuts
or unpresidential, so he won.

God help us.

Proving the old adage; "When the going gets tough the tough
go fishing", me and the pup are in Boulder Junction tonight.
Trout fishing tomorrow during the day, back here to the hotel
room to watch Illini-Penn State tomorrow night, then set up
our basecamp for an extended bout of fall musky and smallmouth
fishing on Sunday.

I'll check in on roff, and post links to pics, every now and
then from a WiFi hotspot at a local watering hole with a dog
friendly outdoor beer garden overlooking the Manitowish River.

Y'all play nice.

--
Ken Fortenberry

neither of them won. The independent approval numbers didn't budge a bit.
There's still a lot of undecideds out there.

mk5000

"I really gotta get up outta here
And go somewhere
I gotta shake it off
Gotta make that move"--mariah carey

Old September 27th, 2008, 03:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika[_2_]

[...]

I still think they did about equal.

I do however think that McCain is pretty much really mad because he could
never get as far ahead in the navy as his father and hungers for a command
that he could never work his way into and the presidency is the only other
way

similar motivation (in part) to Bush's Iraq to emulate and avenge his father
for his middle eastern problems

mk5000

"If it's worth your while
Say something, say something
If it's worth your while
Say something good to me"--mariah carey

Old September 27th, 2008, 03:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR

Tim J. wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
McCain didn't foam at the mouth or fall down twitching
in an epileptic fit and he didn't look too terribly nuts
or unpresidential, so he won.

I didn't see much of a win or a loss, just a battle to not eff up - boring
as hell.

I didn't think it was boring, but agree it was something of a
toss-up. Unfortunately, I also agree with Ken that that could
mean Maverick and Mom have a chance and we're all f***ed.

- JR
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Tim J. wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
McCain didn't foam at the mouth or fall down twitching
in an epileptic fit and he didn't look too terribly nuts
or unpresidential, so he won.

I didn't see much of a win or a loss, just a battle to not eff up ...

Exactly, all McCain had to do was not screw it up or have a
meltdown hissy fit on camera and the brave, tough, strong
maverick hero beats the snot out of the skinny, uppity Negro
pointy headed liberal. USA !! USA !!!

- boring as hell.

Why do you hate America so much ?

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old September 27th, 2008, 10:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

snip

Old September 28th, 2008, 03:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

McCain v. Obama, on the debate and the election, flip a coin - neither
won, neither lost - big, huge, ****ing waste of time in Oxford waiting
for some real excitement today...they both shoulda stayed in DC...

TC,