It's looking more and more like Palin and The Old Dude '08 and here's a reason...

Old September 25th, 2008, 01:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

Default It's looking more and more like Palin and The Old Dude '08 and here's a reason...

wrote in message
On Sep 24, 11:43 am, wrote:

Jon, so let me understand this. Are you saying that the Ds lost the
last 2 elections because some "typical Dem's" said that the average
voter is not fully informed?

No, I'm saying that their disdain for the average American shows
through at stump time, and the average American doesn't like being
talked down to that way. E.g, the bitter clinging to God and guns
comment.

No, what you said was that those who didn't vote for Bush deserve him and
those who did don't.

Things might be bad enough this time around that they win, but that
it's even a race ought to be telling to the Democratic party...

It's always a race, moron.

Why did you vote for Shrub?

Didn't know you could hack in to election records. I've voted split
ticket at the _federal_ level for as many elections as I can remember,
and IIRC I've never told anyone but family who I've voted for...I'm
not about to start affirming or denying now...either party is welcome
to blame the mess on me! :-)

Ah, the courage of one's convictions! How refreshing.

Jon.
PS: And in most elections I'd much rather just vote none of the above,
as I feel I'm really just trying to pick the lesser of two evils.

And you're not about to give anyone the benefit of your insight into which
that would be......right? Wouldn't want to exert undue influence on the
what is supposed to be a free electorate, huh?

Wolfgang
who sometimes wonders what life might be like in a place where the populace
sees a real and useful distinction between an election and a high school
football game......rah!.....rah!.....rah!......go team!

Old September 25th, 2008, 01:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"jeff miller" wrote in message
. ..

mccain isn't fit to shovel ****...but palin seems qualified.

Whatever her technical skills, it seems to me she lacks the requisite
herculean physique.

Wolfgang
and then there's the whole issue of which way to shovel in the interest of
stable government.

Old September 25th, 2008, 02:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
Whatever her technical skills, it seems to me she lacks the requisite
herculean physique.

Wolfgang
and then there's the whole issue of which way to shovel in the interest of
stable government.

Having known and seen many a woman very capable of mucking stalls, I think
she is perfectly qualified to shovel ****. It may even be a preferable job
option for her, over being VP, given the current complexities......
Tom

Old September 26th, 2008, 05:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Tom Littleton" wrote in message

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
Whatever her technical skills, it seems to me she lacks the requisite
herculean physique.

Wolfgang
and then there's the whole issue of which way to shovel in the interest
of stable government.

Having known and seen many a woman very capable of mucking stalls, I think
she is perfectly qualified to shovel ****. It may even be a preferable job
option for her, over being VP, given the current complexities......
Tom

Hm........28 hours. Oh well....

About 17 years ago (my how time flies!) I spent a year working at a "youth
ranch" in southeastern Missouri. The central tenet governing the
organization that ran this bizarre enterprise was some sort of garbled
half-notion that at risk youngsters could somehow be taught how to function
properly within a modern post-industrial society by constant and intense
exposure to horses and the pitifully self-deluded latter day "cowboy"
misfits who mistakenly thought they were smarter than their
charges......whether bi- or quadru- pedal. My affiliation with this outfit
necessarily resulted in a great deal of personal experience in shoveling
manure out of a horse barn, as well as witnessing others of all ages and
both sexes engaged in the same exercise. I guess I know about as much as
most folks, and more than most folks really need to, about the job
requirements and who (generally speaking) might be qualified.

Meanwhile.......

The adjective "herculean" is usually found affixed to the noun "task" or
some synonym therefor. It derives (indirectly) from the Romanized name of a
hero of Greek mythology, Hercules:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercules

who is famous for (among other things which need not concern us here) having
completed a series of monumental assignments......or tasks.....deemed to be
beyond the means of ordinary mortals. Thus, a "herculean" undertaking is
one of stupendous proportions, and a "herculean" physique is, by extension,
one which would allow its bearer to do things that most others would find
impossible. One of the tasks assigned to Hercules was the cleaning of the
Augean stables in a single day. Details are sketchy but it is safe to
presume that the job was of suitably herculean magnitude.

All of this, of course, is mythology and can thus be considered as extended
metaphor, allegory, trope or what have you. Not surprisingly, the metaphor
is frequently applied, whether directly or more obliquely, to many
situations to this day. That's what I did, above. I had thought the mere
use of "herculean" in a response to references to shoveling **** would make
it clear that Ms. Palin's literal qualifications for this particular
activity were not seriously in question and that something else was being
not so subtly suggested. I had further thought that the reference to "which
way to shovel in the interest of *stable* government" would clinch the
matter for those who still had doubts. To further clarify, for those who
STILL don't get it...

ALL natural human languages suffer to one degree or another from inherent
ambiguity. Ask any linguist......or any mathematician. However, this is
not necessarily ALWAYS bad news. Sometimes, very often in fact, ambiguity
is extremely useful. It makes possible a whole host of constructions which
would otherwise be either absolutely impossible or at least greatly
diminished. Poetry comes readily to mind. So does metaphor. Thus, "stable
government" might in some circumstances be taken as a reference to the sort
of government one might expect to emanate from a place inhabited for decades
by a succession of groups of horses' asses, a byproduct of which might
require periodic removal by one means or another. Naturally, simple hygiene
(as well as other beneficial outcomes) would require the services of someone
who was not only up to the "herculean" physical demands of the job at the
locale in question, which while not explicitly named here should be clear
enough, but also capable of remembering that efficiency (let alone other
considerations) requires shoveling the already present offending matter
out........and not adding more to it.

Wolfgang

Old September 30th, 2008, 02:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika[_2_]

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

No, what you said was that those who didn't vote for Bush deserve him and
those who did don't.

this thing is getting insane. It's up to 3 judges now isn't it. That
makes no sense

Things might be bad enough this time around that they win, but that
it's even a race ought to be telling to the Democratic party...

It's always a race, moron.

This thing is gonna blow up - epic proportions I think

Old September 30th, 2008, 03:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika[_2_]

"jeff miller" wrote in message
. ..

mccain isn't fit to shovel ****...but palin seems qualified. think about
it...

i've never liked their product so have never used it

has there ever been a Hurricane Sara or a Hurricane Barrack?

mk5000