Central Oregon TR

Old February 2nd, 2005, 04:02 AM
JR

Default Central Oregon TR

The Fall River is a spring creek tributary of the Deschutes, about 30
miles SSW of my home in Bend. Two years ago, all the fish from just
below the hatchery to the confluence of the D were killed when fire
fighters accidentally dropped a load of retardant into the river. Since
then I have only fished at or above the hatchery. I've heard, though,
that populations downstream are well on their way back, so today I
fished there--the stretch just above the falls, for those of you who
know the water--from around 11:30 until a bit after three. It was
sunny, bright and warm (mid 50s). There was NO hatch on this stretch. I
took one fish on a $14 BHPT just in front of the deadfall to the left:

http://tinyurl.com/4w359

The other fish hooked (5-6?) were taken at the very tail of the pool to
the far right. I was fishing a #20 flashback PT dropped from a #16 BHPT.
All but one of the fish took the beadhead. The fish were all bows, 9" to
13", this one a tad under 11":

http://tinyurl.com/4a7xx

Fun stuff, but I sure hope next time the BWO hatch is on....

JR

Old February 2nd, 2005, 04:15 AM
Tim J.

JR wrote:
snip
Fun stuff, but I sure hope next time the BWO hatch is on....

Sweet, and much needed. Thanks, JR.
--
TL,
Tim

Old February 2nd, 2005, 06:49 AM
Padishar Creel

"JR" wrote in message
[...]

--------------
JR you may have saved a life today. Very nice tr and pictures for the
tortured soul. Randy and I are headed your way on Sunday and Monday trying
our hand at the CR. If you have any hints for us, my email is correct as it
appears.

Chris

Old February 2nd, 2005, 08:50 AM
Jarmo Hurri

Looks like a great little river. Thanks for the TR.

--
Jarmo Hurri

Commercial email countermeasures included in header email
address. Remove all garbage from header email address when replying,
or just use .