TR Kaylin's First Fishing Trip

Old August 19th, 2008, 09:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
~^ beancounter ~^

Default TR Kaylin's First Fishing Trip

nice pics Ken, those ears (on your dog) look like they are good for
steering...

On Aug 15, 8:43*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
I've been training Kaylin to the canoe the last few days and
she's not amused. Why would you want to sit in a wooden box
and paddle your way around a lake when you could just get in
the water and swim ? Doesn't make sense to a water dog.

The first day we went to a little used boat launch on a little
used lake and practiced "Inyago", "Sit", "Down", and the general
you can stop whatever you're doing command, "Okay". All this
with the canoe under a shade tree on dry land. None of these
commands were new. "Inyago" applies to getting in the car as
well as getting in the canoe and "Sit, Down and Okay" are well
established.

The second day we actually put the canoe in the water. Kaylin
was not amused. The first canoe trip lasted less than ten minutes,
the final one less than twenty but she was able to sit fairly
still and behave as well as a four month old puppy can behave.

Today we went for canoe lesson #3 and a fishing trip broke out.
(My fault. ;-) We waded a mile or so of the Middle Fork and
despite my retriever happily retrieving my fly line (and expecting
to be praised for chewing up $65 worth of fly line ;-) a good time
was had by all.

Pix he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ken_for...7606752805631/

--