Best line for spinning?

Old February 19th, 2004, 10:00 PM
CR

Default Best line for spinning?

I've been experimenting with different lines for my spinning reel. The
2 most important factors to me are casting distance and invisibility.
I like to cast 1/16th oz lures. I started out with PowerPro 8/1 but I
then I tried Trilene XL 6 lb and it casted about 20% farther. I was
pretty happy with it but I was using the low-vis green and I had
trouble seeing it. When I say trouble seeing it I don't mean detecting
a strike I mean SEEING it. It could be 20 yards downstream and I
wouldn't even know it. Today I tried P Line Floroclear 6lb and really
liked it. It casts a little farther than the Trilene and I can see it
above water. Plus it is less visible to the fish underwater.

Are there any better lines out there for spinning using light lures in
clear water? What about Silver Thread or Yozuri?

Thanks!

Chuck.

Old February 23rd, 2004, 02:41 PM
alwayfishking

I like the Yozuri on my Stradic, cast nice, good strength. Has never let me
down yet. Can't say that about many lines. I'm gonna try the magna flex this
year, unless someone already has.