Trip Report - OT - I went to a funeral . . .

Old February 28th, 2004, 04:06 AM
asadi

Default Trip Report - OT - I went to a funeral . . .

An uncle whom I remembered fondly until I turned into a teenager and refused
to have anything to do with farming old folks passed away.

It had probably been that long since I had seen him. But the memories were
good and mother came up from Florida and we went to the funeral.

I was reacquainted with many that I had not seen in many a year and Brenda,
twin of Linda, sat down by me. She was no longer the gangly and knobby kneed
younger cousin but still, all in all, looked much the same. Even after 40
years.

We mouthed the mandatory small talk and to one of my statements about
Grandpa and Grandma's house she patted my knee and said something about the
rooms upstairs . . .

Now it was a pleasant drive down through southeast Ohio's rolling hills and
the sun was shining and I had had some good music on and spent many a happy
mile reminiscing. And I remembered barns. Beams. Leather. Straw and hay.
Rafters that went ever higher and nooks and crannies to hide in.

I tried to tell Brenda of this and she made some comment about haylofts and
began to pat my leg. Kind of a long pat as it were, almost a caress, midway
between my knee and my crotch.

Now you may or may not have ever had an epiphany in your life but at that
moment I knew, I just knew that whatever memories I had been suppressing
about those upper rooms and haylofts were somehow related to my predilection
for costumes and animal noises.

I said, "Let's do it. Are you going to the cemetery?"

At the cemetery we determined a lounge in common, conveniently close to her
house, and why not ? - I lived three hours away.

At his point let me state the following. SWMNBN IS NOT HOME. The little girl
is gone. I am far away and not expected back until the late am.

We pick the tavern, we pick the time.

At this point, let me state that it not incest for first cousins to have
sex. If I am older than she is it is but a natural satisfaction of the
curiosity of adolescents. For you see, men never grow old. In their minds
they are forever young.

And we were children again and I swear to you I knew, I mean I knew I was
going to tell the world . . . or maybe just ROFF, about his night . . and
then . . .

At that point. At that particular point, my mother walks up and says she'll
just go home with me. I love you mom. You 'll. never know just how much I
love you . . .

As mother and I drove home . . . I thought about roff.

john

Old February 28th, 2004, 04:11 AM
Wayne Harrison

"asadi" wrote

(snip)

As mother and I drove home . . . I thought about roff.

john

good lord, john; what a magnificent piece of literature.

yfitons
wayno

Old February 28th, 2004, 04:22 AM
Mike Connor

"asadi" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
hlink.net...
SNIP
As mother and I drove home . . . I thought about roff.

john

If you have to mount something, then mount some flies, it will get you into
less trouble.

TL
MC

Old February 28th, 2004, 05:09 AM
rw

Wayne Harrison wrote:

"asadi" wrote

(snip)

As mother and I drove home . . . I thought about roff.

john

good lord, john; what a magnificent piece of literature.

I agree. It was moving, and was expressed with style and sincerity and
brutal honesty.

Old February 28th, 2004, 05:30 AM
David Snedeker

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
. com...
good lord, john; what a magnificent piece of literature.

What he said.

Old February 28th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Wolfgang

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
. com...

"asadi" wrote

(snip)

As mother and I drove home . . . I thought about roff.

john

good lord, john; what a magnificent piece of literature.

Why we keep on coming back......ainna?

Wolfgang
who, it must be said, would certainly not have thought of roff in similar
circumstances.....should anything so unlikely ever occur.

Old February 28th, 2004, 08:07 AM
riverman

"asadi" wrote in message
hlink.net...

At that point. At that particular point, my mother walks up and says

she'll
just go home with me. I love you mom. You 'll. never know just how much I
love you . . .

As mother and I drove home . . . I thought about roff.

Ahh, saved by the Belle.

Great little insight into the workings of our minds, and one of those
precious reminders that no matter what happens, we are all alike in more
ways than we realize. Thanks, John.

BTW, got a phone number for your cuz?

--riverman

Old February 28th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Stan Gula

asadi wrote:
Now you may or may not have ever had an epiphany in your life but at that
moment I knew, I just knew that whatever memories I had been suppressing
about those upper rooms and haylofts were somehow related to my predilection
for costumes and animal noises.

splork coffee all over the keyboard. Hilarious.
Old February 28th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Tom Littleton

Wolfgang notes(of JB's slice of life)
Why we keep on coming back......ainna?

[...]