Value of old cane fly fishing rods

Old January 29th, 2006, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Default Value of old cane fly fishing rods

I know nothing about fly fishing but have inherited some old cane fishing
rods. Can anyone advise me how to find out if they have any value? I'm told
old cane fishing rods may be worth something.

Thanks for any useful advice.

Regards

JP

Old January 29th, 2006, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 at 17:58:47 in uk.rec.fishing.game JP wrote:
I know nothing about fly fishing but have inherited some old cane fishing
rods. Can anyone advise me how to find out if they have any value? I'm told
old cane fishing rods may be worth something.

Thanks for any useful advice.

See if there's a recognisable maker's name and model. If so, search
eBay for something similar. If not, it's probably not worth a great
deal.

Condition (straightness, original, varnish, eyes, handle, etc) is
important.

--
Nogood Boyo
Old January 29th, 2006, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In article , Nogood Boyo
writes
On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 at 17:58:47 in uk.rec.fishing.game JP wrote:
I know nothing about fly fishing but have inherited some old cane fishing
rods. Can anyone advise me how to find out if they have any value? I'm told
old cane fishing rods may be worth something.

Thanks for any useful advice.

See if there's a recognisable maker's name and model. If so, search
eBay for something similar. If not, it's probably not worth a great
deal.

Condition (straightness, original, varnish, eyes, handle, etc) is
important.

Hardy CC de France ?
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old January 29th, 2006, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 at 21:18:52 in uk.rec.fishing.game W. D. Grey wrote:
In article , Nogood Boyo
writes
On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 at 17:58:47 in uk.rec.fishing.game JP wrote:
I know nothing about fly fishing but have inherited some old cane fishing
rods. Can anyone advise me how to find out if they have any value? I'm told
old cane fishing rods may be worth something.

Thanks for any useful advice.

See if there's a recognisable maker's name and model. If so, search
eBay for something similar. If not, it's probably not worth a great
deal.

Condition (straightness, original, varnish, eyes, handle, etc) is
important.

Hardy CC de France ?

Yes, if it had recognisable maker / model details like that, it would be
worth something..!

--
Nogood Boyo
Old January 30th, 2006, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

- And on Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:06:38 +0000, it was spake thus said in message Nogood Boyo :

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 at 21:18:52 in uk.rec.fishing.game W. D. Grey wrote:
In article , Nogood Boyo
writes
On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 at 17:58:47 in uk.rec.fishing.game JP wrote:
I know nothing about fly fishing but have inherited some old cane fishing
rods. Can anyone advise me how to find out if they have any value? I'm told
old cane fishing rods may be worth something.

Thanks for any useful advice.

See if there's a recognisable maker's name and model. If so, search
eBay for something similar. If not, it's probably not worth a great
deal.

Condition (straightness, original, varnish, eyes, handle, etc) is
important.

Hardy CC de France ?

Yes, if it had recognisable maker / model details like that, it would be
worth something..!

Mm, thanks for the suggestion that they may be worth something, where are we likely
to find out how much and what's worth even trying to sell...
I have my Great Grandfathers "J.Enright & Son, Castleconnell, 10 3/4" greenheart...

TIA

Nick
--
Nick in Northallerton
Also @ www.whelan.me.uk
Old January 30th, 2006, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Thanks for the infomation,

I'll check out the rod manufacturer etc, and have a trawl on ebay. Don't
know why that didn't occur to me!

Regards
JP

Old January 30th, 2006, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In article , Nogood Boyo
writes
On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 at 21:18:52 in uk.rec.fishing.game W. D. Grey wrote:
In article , Nogood Boyo
writes
On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 at 17:58:47 in uk.rec.fishing.game JP wrote:
I know nothing about fly fishing but have inherited some old cane fishing
rods. Can anyone advise me how to find out if they have any value? I'm told
old cane fishing rods may be worth something.

Thanks for any useful advice.

See if there's a recognisable maker's name and model. If so, search
eBay for something similar. If not, it's probably not worth a great

Condition (straightness, original, varnish, eyes, handle, etc) is
important.

Hardy CC de France ?

Yes, if it had recognisable maker / model details like that, it would
be worth something..!

Hardy

CC de France

Palakona Reg. Trade mark

Two Piece Fly Rod 9ft.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old January 31st, 2006, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 at 08:47:54 in uk.rec.fishing.game Nick wrote:

Mm, thanks for the suggestion that they may be worth something, where
are we likely
to find out how much and what's worth even trying to sell...
I have my Great Grandfathers "J.Enright & Son, Castleconnell, 10 3/4"
greenheart...

Google is your friend... I pasted exactly what you typed above in
Google and it produced one result:

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2004/09...PCatalogue.doc

Look at item 370.
--
Nogood Boyo
Old February 1st, 2006, 09:11 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

- And on Tue, 31 Jan 2006 18:54:50 +0000, it was spake thus said in message Nogood Boyo :

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 at 08:47:54 in uk.rec.fishing.game Nick wrote:

Mm, thanks for the suggestion that they may be worth something, where
are we likely
to find out how much and what's worth even trying to sell...
I have my Great Grandfathers "J.Enright & Son, Castleconnell, 10 3/4"
greenheart...

Google is your friend... I pasted exactly what you typed above in
Google and it produced one result:

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2004/09...PCatalogue.doc

Look at item 370.

I thank you

At that sort of value I think I shall just hang it on the wall as a talking piece...

Nick
Old February 1st, 2006, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

:

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 at 08:47:54 in uk.rec.fishing.game Nick wrote:

Mm, thanks for the suggestion that they may be worth something, where
are we likely
to find out how much and what's worth even trying to sell...
I have my Great Grandfathers "J.Enright & Son, Castleconnell, 10 3/4"
greenheart...

Google is your friend... I pasted exactly what you typed above in
Google and it produced one result:

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2004/09...PCatalogue.doc

Look at item 370.

I thank you

At that sort of value I think I shall just hang it on the wall as a
talking piece...

Try to keep it straight...

--
Nogood Boyo