Wasted Nights...

Old February 10th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Charles B. Summers

Default Wasted Nights...

Since there is no more Monday Night Football, I was flipping through the
channels trying to find something for the kids to watch last night. We have
Digital Cable which has a nice little menu screen that shows what is on, and
the times. I was scrolling through the screens and noticed that there was a
channel 107 that had a show on called "People that Fish". Hmm... maybe my
son would enjoy that!

Nope, he's still into Spongebob Squarepants, so I ran off to the den and
turned my TV to channel 107. What was really cool was that every show on
after that was a fishing show too! Can't remember all the names, but they
were all pretty interesting including the show where two guys were catching
large Canadian pike on a Banjo Minnow. The others were all bass related and
I think I even learned a thing or two!

This new found channel has given me something to look foreward to once again
on Monday nights... now if I could only get up early enough on Saturday
mornings.

--
www.secretweaponlures.com
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 10th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Bob La Londe

Monday Night Fishing has been on for a while.
Back to Back Fishing shows.

It's sponsored by Cabelas, but they aren't particularly obnoxious as fishing
sponsors go.

"Charles B. Summers" (Comcast) wrote in
message ...

Old February 11th, 2004, 12:24 AM
SimRacer

--
Remove nospam@ from email to reply.
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Monday Night Fishing has been on for a while.
Back to Back Fishing shows.

fishing
sponsors go.

Agreed, on all points.

The channel, IIRC, is the Outdoor Channel (not Outdoor Life Network), and
has all sorts of hunting and fishing shows and a few shows on 4x4s, ATVs and
what have you. Wait until there is nothing in-season, the Gold Fever (about
mining gold) shows will drive you insane, or at least the theme song will.
LOL!

Monday nights are pretty cool. People Who Fish (with Bobby Murray IIRC),
Fishing Tales, Fishing with Courtney and Shelley, Angler on Tour, Mid-West
Bass Fishing, et al are all decent shows to be *cable channel* shows. Simply
means a little low on the production quality, but fun to watch on slow
Monday nights nonetheless. I pretty much signed up for the Outdoor Channel
just for their Monday night fishing shows myself.

Old February 11th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Jack Dalzell Jr.

Charles and all,
If you keep watching the Outdoor Channel, you'll see my ugly mug
on the Midwest Bass Fishin' and Huntin' Adventures show. My program
will air in March.
Jack

~~
Jack Dalzell
http://secretweaponlures.com/jdbass/jdhome.htm
~~

Old February 11th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Jack Dalzell Jr.

This is actually the third time I've appeared. In 2002 I did a 1/2 hour
episode on fishing Lake Erie for smallies (we caught 150 in two days)
and I also did a 1/2 hour episode on catching largemouth in the Sandusky
Bay (we caught 60 in two days). It was awesome. The episode that will
air this March was filmed about one hour after a tornado hit the launch
ramp. Ole Erie was really rockin' and it was the first time that I have
ever fished with a life jacket on. It laid down in the afternoon. While
we didn't catch any monsters, we did catch 'em. See:

http://www.midwestbassfishin.com/episode_info.php See episode #78

The episodes that I'm in are :

Episode #78 - Lake Erie, Ohio
March 9, 2004 - 1:30 AM CST
March 11, 2004 - 9:00 AM CST
March 14, 2004 - 4:30 PM CST
June 8, 2004 - 1:30 AM CST
June 10, 2004 - 9:00 AM CST
June 13, 2004 - 4:30 PM CST

Jack
~~
Jack Dalzell
http://secretweaponlures.com/jdbass/jdhome.htm
http://OutdoorFrontiers.com
~~

Old February 11th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Jack Dalzell Jr.

Default Don't Waste a Night was Wasted Nights...

Charles B. Summers wrote:
Since there is no more Monday Night Football, I was flipping through the
channels trying to find something for the kids to watch last night.

Charles,
One of my favorite activities to do with my son during the cold
winter nights is to modify lures. I take the hooks off for him and give
him the options of what to do. I supervise all activities and we wear
appropriate safety equipment to do the modifications. He let's me do the
heavy work while he likes to do some custom painting. For more on the
modifications that I like to do, see:

http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/modu...rticle&sid=167

It's an awesome activity as we get to spend time together, I get to
teach him about fire, tools and fishing (whoof!) and we create some
pretty good, fish catching baits. One of the highlights of my '03
fishing season was watching my 5 year old son wack a 3 lb. largemouth on
a Secret Weapon spinnerbait he put together during the winter. It had a
purple and yellow skirt, 3/16 oz head with silver & gold indiana blades
and a yellow grub for a trailer. He caught the only fish that night and
I had to endure the "I'm the man, you're not" chant all the way
home.......... It was epic!
Jack
~~

Old February 12th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Joe

"SimRacer" wrote in message
om...
*snipped*
Monday nights are pretty cool. People Who Fish (with Bobby Murray IIRC),
Fishing Tales, Fishing with Courtney and Shelley, Angler on Tour, Mid-West

I love Angler on Tour. I like to think that Joe Thomas could be our own
Warren Wolk with a few breaks and a couple more sponsors. ;-) IMHO. Joe Z.

Old February 12th, 2004, 03:40 AM
RichZ

Joe wrote:
I like to think that Joe Thomas could be our own
Warren Wolk with a few breaks and a couple more sponsors.

Wait a minute. Are you saying that if Thomas gets lucky he could be as
successful as Warren? Cool.

Joes an all right guy. I fished with him when he won the All American, and
then in th eClassic afew years later. One of the most mechanically sound
anglers I've ever observed. He is adept at every technique, can switch from
flipping to pitching in mid swing and still drop the lure on-target with
nary a ripple.

Warren's a good guy too. Enjoys catching 'em so much that it will limit how
successfully he can compete against the guys who would never think of
setting the hook even one more time than they need to each day, and who
hold absolutely anything of value information-wise very close to the vest.

And yes, I know what you meant.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing