Proposed sea angling licence!

Old April 14th, 2007, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
[email protected]

Default Proposed sea angling licence!

Sign petition against it he
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/anglers/

Old April 15th, 2007, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Derek

wrote in message
ups.com...
Sign petition against it he
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/anglers/

another bloody ludicrous Blairite plan.Its about time the number of
politicians on the payroll was drastically reduced to stop these denials of
freedom and make the buggers concentrate on delivering services.Their
primary purpose and one which they seem incapable of delivering at all.

Derek

Old April 15th, 2007, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Tetley

"Derek" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
Sign petition against it he
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/anglers/

another bloody ludicrous Blairite plan.Its about time the number of
politicians on the payroll was drastically reduced to stop these denials

of
freedom and make the buggers concentrate on delivering services.Their
primary purpose and one which they seem incapable of delivering at all.

Derek

If the money went back into fishing I would not have such an issue. Sadly
even if the money collected did go back into fishing it would be full of
beauraucratic bull it would be unworkable.

Bottom line why does Blair feel the need for a Sea Angling licence? My guess
is lets tax the working class more as in this years budget. My how labour
have become tory in just a few years.

Old April 15th, 2007, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
[email protected]

On 15 Apr, 22:39, "Tetley" wrote:
"Derek" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
Sign petition against it he
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/anglers/

another bloody ludicrous Blairite plan.Its about time the number of
politicians on the payroll was drastically reduced to stop these denials

of
freedom and make the buggers concentrate on delivering services.Their
primary purpose and one which they seem incapable of delivering at all.

Derek

If the money went back into fishing I would not have such an issue.

How would it do that? I''d rather have things kept as the are. Next
stage would be licence to dig your own bait, a "worm-tax". After that
it might be bag limits for sea fish (their argument is stock
preservation, as if sea anglers have any impact on stocks)

Sadly
even if the money collected did go back into fishing it would be full of
beauraucratic bull it would be unworkable.

Most of the money would go into administering itself.

Old April 16th, 2007, 12:47 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Tetley

wrote in message
ups.com...

Sadly
even if the money collected did go back into fishing it would be full of
beauraucratic bull it would be unworkable.

Most of the money would go into administering itself.

That was my point.

Old April 16th, 2007, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
[email protected]

On 16 Apr, 02:47, "Tetley" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

Sadly
even if the money collected did go back into fishing it would be full of
beauraucratic bull it would be unworkable.

Most of the money would go into administering itself.

That was my point.

Right.
What ****es me off is that they try this regularly. It usually gets
defeated but if for once it doesn't then we get stuck with it.

Old April 17th, 2007, 02:43 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Ken Ward

and....... it won't be applied in Scotland! Just like the freshwater
licences!

and.... the Welsh Assembly will cut the cost to zero, like the
prescriptions.

Ken Ward

Old April 17th, 2007, 02:50 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea

Well if it offends you why not do something about it?

The least anyone who opposes this is to sign the petition that is ongoing,
join the NFSA or other major group so that your voice is heard or even if
that is not what you want to do try your own MP.

Loads of people moan about a situation but will not try to do something
about it, then they moan again when something happens they don't like. The
value of the sea angler has been proven to be worth £ millions and if enough
people complain at least they have to sit up and take notice especially if
their vote is lost at the next election!

Off my soap box now!

Dave

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old April 17th, 2007, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Cliff

Do most of my fishing in Wales already if we get charged & they reduce it to
zero I will be doing ALL my fishing there,along with a couple of hundred
thousand others. Who will profit then.

--
Cliff.

Sea Anglers Have "BIGGER" Tackle.

..
"Dave" dave.samuel wrote in message
Well if it offends you why not do something about it?

The least anyone who opposes this is to sign the petition that is ongoing,
join the NFSA or other major group so that your voice is heard or even if
that is not what you want to do try your own MP.

Loads of people moan about a situation but will not try to do something
about it, then they moan again when something happens they don't like. The
value of the sea angler has been proven to be worth £ millions and if
enough people complain at least they have to sit up and take notice
especially if their vote is lost at the next election!

Off my soap box now!

Dave

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old April 17th, 2007, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Steve Walker

In message , Dave
writes
Well if it offends you why not do something about it?

The least anyone who opposes this is to sign the petition that is ongoing,
join the NFSA or other major group so that your voice is heard or even if
that is not what you want to do try your own MP.

And be aware of the group's policy. For instance, the NFSA has not made
a blanket refusal in principle (which would be my stance) but has said
that;

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-..._anglers_fail_
to_bite_license_bait.html

"The National Federation of Sea Anglers (NFSA) strongly opposes it
unless Defra first delivers tangible improvements for sea angling."

Which, depending on how you read that and who you believe, means
anything from "when Hell freezes over" to "when you've put some toilet
blocks by the beach and funded some coaching for the kids".

There is a lot of political manoeuvring going on, and some anglers are
willing to compromise the license or bag limit issues as a quid quo pro
for what they hope will be seats for angling reps at the big table,
restrictions on the commercial sector or some kind of spurious
consideration as a source of revenue. Others welcome the idea of tighter
regulation of anglers who don't conform to their ideas of how angling
ought to be done, and want a license to fund enforcement of that.

As I said, for me it's a matter of principle, not to be bought or
traded, but there is no unanimity on the matter.

--
Steve Walker