polarized glasses rock

Old June 27th, 2007, 03:58 PM posted to alt.fishing
dozer

Default polarized glasses rock

i tried a pair of polarized glasses a few months ago and they rock. if
you have never tried them you need two.

Old June 27th, 2007, 10:07 PM posted to alt.fishing
David H. Lipman

From: "dozer"

| i tried a pair of polarized glasses a few months ago and they rock. if
| you have never tried them you need two.

I wear prescription glasses and whenever I change prescriptions I *always* will get a pair
of polaraized prescription sun-glasses.

You see "into" the water and not the reflection on the water. :-)

When I photograph surfers I always use a circular polarizing filter on the lense that I use
for the same reason. That's why you use a dSLR and not a point&-shoot camera. You can
change lenses and /subtract filters.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old June 28th, 2007, 12:00 AM posted to alt.fishing
Rodney Long

David H. Lipman wrote:

When I photograph surfers I always use a circular polarizing filter on the lense that I use
for the same reason. That's why you use a dSLR and not a point&-shoot camera. You can
change lenses and /subtract filters.

Hay,, now,,, I have a polarizing filter for my Canon Powershot S2

--
Rodney Long
SpecTastic Wiggle rig
Old June 28th, 2007, 12:35 AM posted to alt.fishing
David H. Lipman

From: "Rodney Long"

| David H. Lipman wrote:

When I photograph surfers I always use a circular polarizing filter on the lense that I
use for the same reason. That's why you use a dSLR and not a point&-shoot camera. You
can change lenses and /subtract filters.

| Hay,, now,,, I have a polarizing filter for my Canon Powershot S2

Once you go SLR...
You'll NEVER go back :-)

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old June 28th, 2007, 01:59 AM posted to alt.fishing
Rodney Long

From: "Rodney Long"

| David H. Lipman wrote:

When I photograph surfers I always use a circular polarizing filter on the lense that I
use for the same reason. That's why you use a dSLR and not a point&-shoot camera. You
can change lenses and /subtract filters.

| Hay,, now,,, I have a polarizing filter for my Canon Powershot S2

Once you go SLR...
You'll NEVER go back :-)

I've got three 35 MM SLR's, and about a dozen lenses ,, I have not put
film in them in years, I love not having to carry all that gear

Old June 28th, 2007, 02:17 AM posted to alt.fishing
dozer

On Jun 27, 5:07 pm, "David H. Lipman"
From: "dozer"

| i tried a pair of polarized glasses a few months ago and they rock. if
| you have never tried them you need two.

I wear prescription glasses and whenever I change prescriptions I *always* will get a pair
of polaraized prescription sun-glasses.

You see "into" the water and not the reflection on the water. :-)

When I photograph surfers I always use a circular polarizing filter on the lense that I use
for the same reason. That's why you use a dSLR and not a point&-shoot camera. You can
change lenses and /subtract filters.

--
Davehttp://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.htmlhttp://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

i use them for fishing they really help to cach that big one.

Old June 28th, 2007, 02:57 AM posted to alt.fishing
David H. Lipman

From: "Rodney Long"

| I've got three 35 MM SLR's, and about a dozen lenses ,, I have not put
| film in them in years, I love not having to carry all that gear

Many film SLR camera lenses can be used on dSLR bodies.

Sometimes it is fun to shoot the fishing action.

On Halloween 2004 we had a really good Bluefish run here on the Jersy Shore. Peanut Bunker
were pushed onto the shore by the thousands by a large Bluefish school (fish 9lb ~ 15lb).
After a couple dozen of thse Blues my arms were just plain tired (a fish on evey cast) so I
went back to my house and picked up my Canon dSLR with and a 70 ~ 300mm lense and a circ.
polarizer lens. I started to shoot the school breaking the surface.

Later at home I examined my shots. In one shot I got a Peanut Bunker who jumped about 1 ~
2" above the surface of the water. Behind him was the dorsal fin of a Bluefish and you can
see the body of it below the surface. You just know the moment that Peanut Bunker lands in
the water it is a gonner. I also got some good shots of Bluefish jumping out of the water.
All nice clear action shots. No fuzziness. I doubt an Point & Shoot could have captured it
equally as well.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm