Taking up trout fishing again... need some starting tips

Old June 21st, 2007, 11:06 PM posted to alt.fishing
gnosticbeast

Default Taking up trout fishing again... need some starting tips

Hi All,

I used to fish trout with my pop when I was a kid, and now would like
to take it up again recreationally. I will be mainly fishing from
shore at various lakes in California, angling for rainbow trout. My
current configuration is:

5 or 6 foot light rod
spinning reel with 4lb test
#10 and #14 bronze hooks

I'm thinking of using three way swivels- a 2oz weight on one and a
light lure on the other, about 3 feet on each line.

Would I then just cast this off and take the sinker to the bottom and
wait for a hit? Or should I get weighted spinners and cast and
retrieve?

Thanks folks!
Paul

Old June 22nd, 2007, 12:38 AM posted to alt.fishing
Rodney Long

gnosticbeast wrote:
Hi All,

I used to fish trout with my pop when I was a kid, and now would like
to take it up again recreationally. I will be mainly fishing from
shore at various lakes in California, angling for rainbow trout. My
current configuration is:

If you really want to catch trout
See
http://ezknot.com/Long_Shot.html

Then using it for trout and pan fish
see

http://ezknot.com/Panfish.html

Look,, you may think I'm trying to sell you something,, actually I will
send you some for free, because NOTHING works even as close to as good
for trout, once you use it,, you will want to fish with nothing else, at
least "everyone" else that has used it say this.

Email me your mailing address, and I'll send you a few to try for free,
I "Know" it works so well, if people order it, and they don't like it
for "any" reason, they get an "Instant" PayPal refund, without even
having to send the rigs back. No one, anywhere in the world, offers such
a deal, on anything in the world.

SO far, I haver never had a single fishermen ask for a refund (see
details of the guaranty on the order page)

For trout many lures work well on the rig, the best is the Berkly Gulp
red worm in the jar, the little tiny ones, holding tension on the line
and putting a 1 inch bounce on your rod tip. That worm looks like you
just dropped a live red worm in the water, not on a hook or line.

5 or 6 foot light rod
spinning reel with 4lb test
#10 and #14 bronze hooks

--
Rodney Long
SpecTastic Wiggle rig
Old June 22nd, 2007, 11:34 AM posted to alt.fishing
Cliff

Check out this article I wrote. It was written for Washington waters but a
lot applies for any lake.

http://fishingwithcliff.com/TipnStuf...ing_06-07.html

--
Fishing with Cliff
The New Fishing Show in Town

Old July 12th, 2007, 03:12 AM posted to alt.fishing
Mike[_5_]

Pardon my ignorance if this seems like a silly question. I don't live and
have never fished in California and I have never fished for trout. I fish
for catfish and bass predominantly.
Anyway, it seems to me that a 2 oz weight is an awful lot of weight for 4 lb
test.
If this is correct, I would love to hear more about the fishing there...you
must have a massive undercurrent if you need 2 oz to put a small trout bait
on the bottom.
Also, people here in KY use flies and top-water baits for trout...at least
that's what they tell me. Are you fishing the bottom because of temp
changes, seasonal changes, or is that a CA thing.
Just curious.

Mike

"gnosticbeast" wrote in message
oups.com...