The Human "Omnivore": a mythological beast

Old November 14th, 2007, 07:14 PM posted to sci.agriculture.poultry,uk.transport,uk.rec.fishing.coarse,uk.rec.fishing.sea,uk.food+drink.misc
NotMe

Default The Human "Omnivore": a mythological beast

On 14 Nov, 17:52, Gloria wrote:

Not sure if this will get to you, as I can only cross post to five
groups, not the nine that you are.

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:58:31 -0000, "Knight Of The Road"

wrote:

"Gloria" wrote

However,
it would be perfectly feasable for a person or pack of people to chase and
kill cows,

I'd like to see that!

I presume you are under the misapprehension that cows are fleet of foot?

Certainly faster than humans, especially the tubby meat eaters who's
idea of exercise is looking through the McDonalds menu!

Have you ever seen the footage of primates hunting down a different
primate as a pack? The heavy stronger ones run up ahead and sit in
wait, whilst the small ones chase the prey towards the trap. When the
prey arrives the stronger primates jump on their prey and tear it
apart.

How would you bring the cow down once you have caught? Tie it's
shoelaces up!.

Three people could easily bring a cow down. A pack of a dozen people
could trap and kill a cow with little effort, leaving plenty of meat
for them all.

I suppose your idea of evolution is Lions going into Ikea to buy
knives and forks?

Lions are not human beings and have not evolved in the same way.

Like us evolving to use rifles and knives and forks you mean? LOL

Using rifles is a natural progression from using spears, throwing
stones etc.

Old November 14th, 2007, 07:24 PM posted to sci.agriculture.poultry,uk.transport,uk.rec.fishing.coarse,uk.rec.fishing.sea,uk.food+drink.misc
Gloria[_3_]

wrote:

"Gloria" wrote

However,
it would be perfectly feasable for a person or pack of people to chase and
kill cows,

I'd like to see that!

I presume you are under the misapprehension that cows are fleet of foot?

Certainly faster than humans, especially the tubby meat eaters who's
idea of exercise is looking through the McDonalds menu!

Have you ever seen the footage of primates hunting down a different
primate as a pack? The heavy stronger ones run up ahead and sit in
wait, whilst the small ones chase the prey towards the trap. When the
prey arrives the stronger primates jump on their prey and tear it
apart.

Isolated incidents and unusual.

How would you bring the cow down once you have caught? Tie it's
shoelaces up!.

Three people could easily bring a cow down.

Nonsense. They couldn't catch it let alone bring it down. I presume
your not talking about wild cattle, but the fat overweight ones penned
up?

A pack of a dozen people
could trap and kill a cow with little effort, leaving plenty of meat
for them all.

How long do you imagine it would take a human to break the skin with
it's bare teeth? Or has evolution supplied you with an electric knife
on your unnatural hunts?

I suppose your idea of evolution is Lions going into Ikea to buy
knives and forks?

Lions are not human beings and have not evolved in the same way.

Like us evolving to use rifles and knives and forks you mean? LOL

Using rifles is a natural progression from using spears, throwing
stones etc.

Both are unnatural which brings us back to the original point, we are
not meant to eat meat.

pam the SPAMMERS send an email to
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:46 PM posted to sci.agriculture.poultry,uk.transport,uk.rec.fishing.coarse,uk.rec.fishing.sea,uk.food+drink.misc
soup

Gloria wrote:
NotMe wrote:

using spears, throwing stones.

Both are unnatural .

Stones are unnatural? Get a grip!
By all means go ahead and advocate veganism or vegetarinism or whatever
but don't talk garbage.
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:48 PM posted to sci.agriculture.poultry,uk.transport,uk.rec.fishing.coarse,uk.rec.fishing.sea,uk.food+drink.misc
Brimstone

soup wrote:
Gloria wrote:
NotMe wrote:

using spears, throwing stones.

Both are unnatural .

Stones are unnatural? Get a grip!
By all means go ahead and advocate veganism or vegetarinism or
whatever but don't talk garbage.

Surely doing one requires the other?

Old November 14th, 2007, 08:49 PM posted to sci.agriculture.poultry,uk.transport,uk.rec.fishing.coarse,uk.rec.fishing.sea,uk.food+drink.misc
Knight Of The Road

"Gloria" wrote

Both are unnatural which brings us back to the original point, we are
not meant to eat meat.

It is not unnatural to use tools, and we are meant to eat meat. Apart from
that, your thesis as stated above was very well thought out.

Vegetarians are responsible for far, far more animal deaths than meat
eaters.

But of course, rodents are the Untermenschen of the animal kingdom to
someone with a simplistic, anthropomorphising, Disneyesque view of animals.

What would you do? Allow mice, rats and rabbits to feed and multiply until
there were so many that they ate almost all of the grain and spoiled what
they didn't with faeces? Or kill them?

If you don't want to eat meat, then that's your lookout. But where did you
get the idea from that the rest of us want to be lectured by a monomaniacal
browbeating harridan?

Anyway I'd love to chat for longer but you've made me feel peckish so I'm
off down the KFC.

Regards, Vince.

"He may have shared an address in 1994 and he may originally have been
a joint author of a website but that in no way proves that I am he" (Doug,
on Doug Bollen)

Old November 14th, 2007, 10:02 PM posted to sci.agriculture.poultry,uk.transport,uk.rec.fishing.coarse,uk.rec.fishing.sea,uk.food+drink.misc
PeterT

wrote:

"Gloria" wrote

However,
it would be perfectly feasable for a person or pack of people to chase and
kill cows,

I'd like to see that!

I presume you are under the misapprehension that cows are fleet of foot?

Certainly faster than humans, especially the tubby meat eaters who's
idea of exercise is looking through the McDonalds menu!

Have you ever seen the footage of primates hunting down a different
primate as a pack? The heavy stronger ones run up ahead and sit in
wait, whilst the small ones chase the prey towards the trap. When the
prey arrives the stronger primates jump on their prey and tear it
apart.

Isolated incidents and unusual.

Evidence of their isolation etc?

How would you bring the cow down once you have caught? Tie it's
shoelaces up!.

Three people could easily bring a cow down.

Nonsense. They couldn't catch it let alone bring it down. I presume
your not talking about wild cattle, but the fat overweight ones penned
up?

You don't get out much do you?

Both are unnatural which brings us back to the original point, we are
not meant to eat meat.

We are

--
Only some ghastly, dehumanised moron would want to get rid of the Routemaster.
Ken Livingstone 2001

PeterT