Awesome Fly Fishing net..!

Old February 23rd, 2008, 05:07 AM posted to alt.fishing
Michael Hadac

Default Awesome Fly Fishing net..!

On my last fishing trip I saw a beautiful short handed fish net with the
built in scale (in the handle) to weight the fish right in the net. All you
do is raise the net with the trout above the water level, unscrew
handle/spring release and it will weight the trout without even removing it
from this handy fish net! Wow! Awesome fly fishing net! But where can I buy
one or order one? Anybody knows?

It comes with fine rubberized net and short stainless steel handle with the
mechanics inside the handle. The "Quick Unlock Screw" is right at the back
of the handle. After you're done weighing the fish, just submerge and
release fish unharmed. Than just push in the knob and give it a twist to
lock it the handle inside again. I think it was made in Australia or new
Zealand. However, I can't find it anywhere on the Internet. Sure would like
to buy one.

"Keep Tight Lines!"

Old February 25th, 2008, 04:36 PM posted to alt.fishing
JT

"Michael Hadac" wrote in message
[...]

I found these, but nothing with a rubber mesh net...

http://www.flyfishusa.com/nets/mclean-weigh-net.htm

http://www.firsttackle.co.uk/acatalog/Landing_Nets.html

http://www.mengo-ind.com/displaysection.aspx?which=23

JT

Old February 26th, 2008, 12:30 AM posted to alt.fishing
Michael Hadac

Yes, very interesting sites. I saw the first one before. The third link with
the "Way King Net 0-10lb" Sounds interesting. I wonder if the handles and
the mechanics could be transferred on to a rubberized trout net? Hmmm. Or
just add a narrow rubberized catcher to this net?
Anyways, thanks for your input here. I will study all the sites in the next
few days. I'm also going to Brim fish in Australia and possibly trout fish
in New Zealand in the next few months. I'll be looking to see what they have
there. If I find the one I saw on the river I would post a link to it here
as well.

Thanks again, MH.

"Worms love to see a Fly Fishermen!"

Old March 1st, 2008, 05:32 PM posted to alt.fishing
Michael Hadac

Default Bream Fish - Correction

Yes, it is Bream Fishing (not Brim)..

Pictures of these speicies are here...

http://www.fishingaustralia.com.au/f...dex.php?cat=25

P.S. ..but I'll catch them no matter what they are called ...

"