Kite Fishing

Old January 9th, 2009, 12:51 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Paul

Default Kite Fishing

Has anybody tried the Kite Fishing Method to get your baits off the
beach?
Can you tell me how the Kite is made to drop the bait once its far
enough out?
The wind is said to go from Sea to land during the day because the
land is warmer than the sea. At night this is meant to reverse. I've
not found this in practice and many nights I've been on the beach with
the wind and rain lashing in my face coming in from the sea.

How do you get the kite out over the sea then? Has anyone given this a
go in the UK?
Old January 10th, 2009, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Clint Sharp

In message
,
Paul writes
Has anybody tried the Kite Fishing Method to get your baits off the
beach?
Can you tell me how the Kite is made to drop the bait once its far
enough out?
The wind is said to go from Sea to land during the day because the
land is warmer than the sea. At night this is meant to reverse. I've
not found this in practice and many nights I've been on the beach with
the wind and rain lashing in my face coming in from the sea.

How do you get the kite out over the sea then? Has anyone given this a
go in the UK?

Thought about this a couple of years ago but never got round to it, let
me know how you get on.

BTW, depends on the beach, kites have a 'window', your simple diamond
shaped kite isn't normally steerable and has a narrow window but a 'foil
of some description can have a very wide window and is steerable,
depending on the wind speed and design of the kite you can get a
surprisingly wide window.

www.flexifoil.co.uk

Basically unless the wind is coming inland directly 90 degrees from the
sea you can get a steerable kite over the water but maybe not far enough
for fishing.
--
Clint Sharp