Sunday night on the water

Old June 20th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Jim Laumann

Default Sunday night on the water

My son Alex and I took the 12' aluminum floater and TM to a small
local reservoir - a fish from shore or carry-in type of lake - maybe
40-50 acres in size. We had ice fished it over the winter months, but
its been a number of years since I had been on this water when it was
soft. The reservoir is about 10-12 years old, and had made quite a
reputation for itself as a place to fish for sunnies. .

We had a south wind all day, and since the dam is on the N side
of the water, we started there. I ended up catching two 14-14.5" LM
on a Green Goddess SW w/ a #3-4 gold colorado blade, while casting
parallel to the slop along the shorelines. Fish were well fed - not at
all suffering for lack of food. Water was quite murky - lots of
suspended particles in the water, but not a alge bloom either. Both
were CPR'ed.

Alex had 1 hit on his non SW spinner bait w/ a large gold willow leaf
- we are guessing the fish hit the blade.

Randy put a bug in my head w/ his on going series of bets w/ Dave.
Mine w/ Alex was on the first fish. Winner got ice cream. The choclate
I had tasted real good going home.

We started out a little after 7.00, and were off by 9.00.

Jim