LLYN BRENIG FISHING REPORT WEEK ENDING APRIL 30TH

Old May 3rd, 2006, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Default LLYN BRENIG FISHING REPORT WEEK ENDING APRIL 30TH

LLYN BRENIG FISHING REPORT WEEK ENDING APRIL 30TH

It has been a dry and sunny week at Brenig with a cool northerly wind
blowing for most of the week and the water temperature remains at seven
degrees celsius . Despite this cold weather, fish are being taken on or
near the surface on dries and nymphs.
Hotspots for the week have been Hafod Lom woods, Tower Bay, Nantglyn
bank and Brenig Arm. Popular fly patterns have been orange lures,
boobies, diawl bach, coch-y-Bonddu, Cats whisker, olives, pheasant tail
nymphs and various hoppers. Two hundred and thirty anglers fished the
water this week and catch returns showed a healthy average of five fish
per rod and an average weight of just over two pound per fish with a few
fish of four and five pounds coming out.
The best fish of the week however wasn't a trout but an 18lb pike!! The
fish was caught by Alan Cawthray from Denbigh on a floating line, 8lb
leader and a size 12 Black and Peacock spider!! The fish was returned
alive. Bookings are now being taken for our Pike week which is taking
place Oct 30th - Nov 3rd.
On Sunday the first trout league was held . This is a monthly boat
fishing competition with nine teams competing in a league format. Top of
the pile after Sunday were the Brenig Badgers who weighed in 24 fish for
29.050kilos with G4 in second place with 24 fish for 26.8kilos.

pc

--
Alec Powell
Watlington Oxon. UK

Old May 8th, 2006, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In message
Alec Powell wrote:

LLYN BRENIG FISHING REPORT WEEK ENDING APRIL 30TH

[snip]
The best fish of the week however wasn't a trout but an 18lb pike!!

ah well, it'll keep Andy happy - make a change from Rudd etc...
better bring some stonger leader..

--

.... Wibble Wobble Fishcakes.
Old May 8th, 2006, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Wasn't it Dave Lane who wrote:

ah well, it'll keep Andy happy - make a change from Rudd etc...
better bring some stonger leader..

Nah.... not me matey.... I think Alec is more the "Pike man" here. I'll
stick to 'float fishing' for the tiddlers, so long as it's not clear blue
sky and blistering heat like last year! Jeez it wuz hot. Do you remember
those guy's practising for the nationals with the fish finder SONAR
thingies? They found fish echoes 60 feet down!!

BTW Dave, are you planning to do any river fishing for Sewin or Salmon this
year?

Andy

Old May 11th, 2006, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In message
"Andy Lawson" wrote:

Wasn't it Dave Lane who wrote:

ah well, it'll keep Andy happy - make a change from Rudd etc...
better bring some stonger leader..

Nah.... not me matey.... I think Alec is more the "Pike man" here.

are you implying that he's a skinflint?

stick to 'float fishing' for the tiddlers, so long as it's not clear blue
sky and blistering heat like last year! Jeez it wuz hot. Do you remember
those guy's practising for the nationals with the fish finder SONAR
thingies? They found fish echoes 60 feet down!!

ohhh, yes, I remember. This year, I shall be bringing my r/c model
submarine, now outfitted with vid camera and micro harpoons, it's about
the only way I'll get anything, unless I really cheat and use a fast sinking
line like the rest of you.

BTW Dave, are you planning to do any river fishing for Sewin or Salmon this
year?

I doubt if I will take out the full season licence (I usually upgrade my
trout licence mid-summer) this year....but, when we do get a nice flood,
and the salmon are running, I might get the odd day ticket. What are
your plans? You coming up?

BTW - all - what *did* we decide to do about a Cwellyn campsite meet-up
this year??

cheez

.... Death is proven to be 99.9% fatal to all laboratory rats.
Old May 11th, 2006, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

"Dave Lane" wrote in message
In message
"Andy Lawson" wrote:

Wasn't it Dave Lane who wrote:

ah well, it'll keep Andy happy - make a change from Rudd etc...
better bring some stonger leader..

Nah.... not me matey.... I think Alec is more the "Pike man" here.

are you implying that he's a skinflint?

As if......

stick to 'float fishing' for the tiddlers, so long as it's not clear blue
sky and blistering heat like last year! Jeez it wuz hot. Do you remember
those guy's practising for the nationals with the fish finder SONAR
thingies? They found fish echoes 60 feet down!!

ohhh, yes, I remember. This year, I shall be bringing my r/c model
submarine, now outfitted with vid camera and micro harpoons, it's about
the only way I'll get anything, unless I really cheat and use a fast
sinking
line like the rest of you.

You may as well.... the only chance you'll get to play with a booby ;o)

BTW Dave, are you planning to do any river fishing for Sewin or Salmon
this
year?

I doubt if I will take out the full season licence (I usually upgrade my
trout licence mid-summer) this year....but, when we do get a nice flood,
and the salmon are running, I might get the odd day ticket. What are
your plans? You coming up?

Um..... I don't know yet..... holidays not sorted yet so I may see what I
can get a way with ;o)

Reason I asked; you'll recall my mate Alan who came with me last year for
Brenig weekend? Well..... he has given me a box of some 30 Salmon & Seatrout
flies for me to pass on to you! All tied by himself on low water hooks on
sizes 6,8 &10 plus some doubles and a few trebles. He's a really good fly
tier as well.

He doesn't get the chance to go for Salmon or Seatrout, but gawd knows why
he's giving 'em to you! He's supposed to be my bloody friend! I think the
phrase to be used is "Warra barrrstard!" ;o)

So.... would you like me to post them or bring them along Brenig weekend?

BTW - all - what *did* we decide to do about a Cwellyn campsite meet-up
this year??

erm..... nuffin as far as recall but I won't be able to make it to Cwellyn
this year.

Andy Lawson