Llyn Brenig Fishing Report Week Ending 24th June

Old June 24th, 2006, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Default Llyn Brenig Fishing Report Week Ending 24th June

Can't wait :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old June 26th, 2006, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

W. D. Grey wrote:

Can't wait :-)

lol... oh, we all caught loadsfish, you missed the best year yet.... :+P

I need a day or two to sort out the piccies and get my memory back -
hang on...

Reg/Andy/Alec - do you have any nice piccies from the Saturday?
(Or, Reg - any from your Friday bash?)
If so, please could you email me one or two? ta...

Dave (snowed under for taking a day off)
Old June 26th, 2006, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In article , Dave Lane
URL:mailto
W. D. Grey wrote:

Can't wait :-)

lol... oh, we all caught loadsfish, you missed the best year yet.... :+P

I need a day or two to sort out the piccies and get my memory back -
hang on...

Humph. I got in two hours on the Friday am on the local stretch - about a
dozen brownies, kept 4, donated them to a gharstly non-optional-attendance
barbeque, ate one sausage, left as early as possible and the w/e went
downhill from there.

Cheerio,

Old June 26th, 2006, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Wasn't it Dave Lane who replied?

W. D. Grey wrote:

Can't wait :-)

lol... oh, we all caught loadsfish, you missed the best year yet....
:+P

By far! Excellent couple of days. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I need a day or two to sort out the piccies and get my memory back - hang
on...

Reg/Andy/Alec - do you have any nice piccies from the Saturday?

'fraid not Dave, I was too busy catching (plus I forgot my camera s )

(Or, Reg - any from your Friday bash?)
If so, please could you email me one or two? ta...

Dave (snowed under for taking a day off)

Heh.... Tell me about it! I take two day's off work, left everything
organised and stable and yet when I go back, all hell has let loose 'cos of
others not doing their job! Grrrrr!

--
Andy Lawson

--
Andy Lawson

Old June 26th, 2006, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Dave Lane, gave forth these words
of wisdom:
lol... oh, we all caught loadsfish, you missed the best year yet.... :+P

I beg your pardon! I sincerely object to being classed
in this category!
I will have you know that I am extremely proud in being
the proverbial blanker!, (OK, so there are other words
ending in anker that might be ascribed to me).
My statistics for the weekend are as follows:
Pulls 2
Tugs 2
Knocks 5
Tweeks 10
Welsh Oggies 1
Fish caught 0

However, being up against the three most powerful names
in the UKRFG newsgroup. (Lane - "the pragmatist", Lawson
- "he who shouts louder than most" and Sweetmore "I can
moan better than ANYONE else"), then I really didn't
stand a chance, did I?

The only thing in it's favour was down to the incredibly
great company on offer.
Thanks to the three of you for a great weekend, and, to
the rest of the newsgroup, don't miss the next outing!

Cheers,
Alec (Don't ask me what fly I'm using - they all look
the same to me ) Powell

--
Alec Powell

Watlington
Oxfordshire
UK

Old June 28th, 2006, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Sorry Dave, I didn't take any Picks.

Thanks to Dave, Alec & Andy for a very nice get together.

And my mate Wilf for a very good day on the Friday.

Regards to you all,

Reg

Old June 28th, 2006, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

W. D. Grey wrote:

Sorry I couldn't make it this year. I did have a twinge and was about
to come up on Thursday and get back on Friday but I had to wait in for a
delivery all day and it didn't turn up:-(

Well done the rest of you all - I'll bet my name wasn't even mentioned :-(

awww, bechod mawr...

actually, we were half wondering if you might turn up...

anyway - report (such as it is) is now up at the url below. It was
only when I got home, that I realised that nobody had taken any photos
up at Brenig! I did try a couple of little movies, but my camera isn't
too good at that.

have a shufti at: http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk/dlane/gathering2006/

note to Firefox users - if you have downloaded one of the larger
photos, try clicking on it to get the magnifying glass (not always
there) - and then click on a spot in the photo to zoom in.... :+)

thanks to Reg, Andy and Alec for coming up and making for an enjoyable
weekend.

cheers all,

Old June 28th, 2006, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

"Dave Lane" wrote in message
W. D. Grey wrote:

Sorry I couldn't make it this year. I did have a twinge and was about to
come up on Thursday and get back on Friday but I had to wait in for a
delivery all day and it didn't turn up:-(

Well done the rest of you all - I'll bet my name wasn't even mentioned
:-(

awww, bechod mawr...

actually, we were half wondering if you might turn up...

anyway - report (such as it is) is now up at the url below. It was only
when I got home, that I realised that nobody had taken any photos up at
Brenig! I did try a couple of little movies, but my camera isn't too good
at that.

have a shufti at: http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk/dlane/gathering2006/

note to Firefox users - if you have downloaded one of the larger photos,
try clicking on it to get the magnifying glass (not always there) - and
then click on a spot in the photo to zoom in.... :+)

thanks to Reg, Andy and Alec for coming up and making for an enjoyable
weekend.

cheers all,

Dave

Excellent report Dave even if you have been somewhat gallant in not saying
too much on the number of curses and expletives from me turning the air a
little blue at times at Brenig! $ Jeez that breeze was awkward at times. I
don't think I've ever had so many tangles and never mind the sheep, Welsh
Water need to get some goats up there to eat down those bog grass tufts on
the bank!!

All in all though, a lovely long weekend. Weather was probably the best
we've had so far in terms of fishing conditions and the company of all was,
as always, so very enjoyable.

Regards,

Andy

Old June 28th, 2006, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:
thanks to Reg, Andy and Alec for coming up and making for an enjoyable
weekend.

cheers all,

Dave

Excellent report Dave, but are you going to mention the one that you did
hook at Brenig??????
Ouch!
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec Powell

Watlington
Oxfordshire
UK

Old June 29th, 2006, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In article , Dave Lane
writes
awww, bechod mawr...

actually, we were half wondering if you might turn up...

I doubt if I'f have had a chance to fish thopugh but I really did think
of coming up on Thursday and og home Friday byt the non devlivery of a
parcel kept me in all day :-( I didn't know they were supposed to
deliver it on Thursday until I got a text message late Wednesday
evening. That put to mockers on any plans I had.

anyway - report (such as it is) is now up at the url below. It was
only when I got home, that I realised that nobody had taken any photos
up at Brenig! I did try a couple of little movies, but my camera isn't
too good at that.

have a shufti at: http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk/dlane/gathering2006/

Thanks for the lovely report, Llyn Idwal was calmer than when we tried
it two years go.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk