STRANGE AUSTRALIAN FISH

Old February 19th, 2007, 03:44 PM posted to aus.sport.fishing
Leslie Mutchler

Default STRANGE AUSTRALIAN FISH

Can anyone tell me what these are ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../weirdfish.jpg
Old February 20th, 2007, 12:47 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing
GreenieLeBrun

"Leslie Mutchler" wrote in message
nk.net...
Can anyone tell me what these are ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../weirdfish.jpg

Shield shrimps

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~gfnc/arti...eld_shrimp.htm
http://www.samuseum.sa.gov.au/water/shrimp.htm
http://www.sa.waterwatch.org.au/pdfs...rustaceans.pdf

Old February 21st, 2007, 02:58 PM posted to aus.sport.fishing
Leslie Mutchler

GreenieLeBrun wrote:

"Leslie Mutchler" wrote in message
ink.net...

Can anyone tell me what these are ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../weirdfish.jpg

Shield shrimps

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~gfnc/arti...eld_shrimp.htm
http://www.samuseum.sa.gov.au/water/shrimp.htm
http://www.sa.waterwatch.org.au/pdfs...rustaceans.pdf

GreenieLeBrun :
Thanks !!!
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:02 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing
swarvegorilla

"Leslie Mutchler" wrote in message
nk.net...
Can anyone tell me what these are ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../weirdfish.jpg

they are triops
similar to brineshrimp/sea monkeys

very common out west in any puddle that forms after rain
that said fish love to eat them so never found together
Very ancient life form
we are talking like really old
billions of years?

Old March 5th, 2007, 07:21 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing
The Old Bloke

"swarvegorilla" wrote in message

"Leslie Mutchler" wrote in message
nk.net...
Can anyone tell me what these are ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../weirdfish.jpg

they are triops
similar to brineshrimp/sea monkeys

very common out west in any puddle that forms after rain
that said fish love to eat them so never found together
Very ancient life form
we are talking like really old
billions of years?

..
No, not billions, but hundreds of millions.

Old March 27th, 2007, 08:07 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing
swarvegorilla

"The Old Bloke" wrote in message

"swarvegorilla" wrote in message

"Leslie Mutchler" wrote in message
nk.net...
Can anyone tell me what these are ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../weirdfish.jpg

they are triops
similar to brineshrimp/sea monkeys

very common out west in any puddle that forms after rain
that said fish love to eat them so never found together
Very ancient life form
we are talking like really old
billions of years?

.
No, not billions, but hundreds of millions.

thats still dam old!
I know if your in WA ya can go to that place with the weird headlike things
at the beach....
um stomphotes or something like that
3.8 billion year old fossil things.
crazy stuff,
not that the land coming alive with weird horseshoe crab things when it
rains isn't weird tho.
triops are great
silver lining for me once on a trip that saw us dig the 4WD outta mud about
50 times

Old March 28th, 2007, 01:04 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing
GreenieLeBrun

"swarvegorilla" wrote in message
u...

"The Old Bloke" wrote in message

"swarvegorilla" wrote in message

"Leslie Mutchler" wrote in message
nk.net...
Can anyone tell me what these are ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../weirdfish.jpg

they are triops
similar to brineshrimp/sea monkeys

very common out west in any puddle that forms after rain
that said fish love to eat them so never found together
Very ancient life form
we are talking like really old
billions of years?

.
No, not billions, but hundreds of millions.

thats still dam old!
I know if your in WA ya can go to that place with the weird headlike
things at the beach....
um stomphotes or something like that
3.8 billion year old fossil things.

Stromatolites, created by blue-green bacteria (not as the press like to call
them blue-green algae)
http://www.sharkbay.org/terrestial_e...nt/page_15.htm

Old April 6th, 2007, 09:57 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing
swarvegorilla

"GreenieLeBrun" wrote in message

[...]

yea thats the ones.
dem things is OLD!