So WHAT IS ANGLING?

Old June 4th, 2007, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse,uk.rec.fishing.game,uk.rec.fishing.sea,uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

Default So WHAT IS ANGLING?

drugs began to take hold. I remember Ian saying
something like:

Coarse angling is the capture of freshwater fish from
rivers and streams, such as pike, bream, rudd and tench.
These fish are inedible, so they are caught just for ¡®fun¡¯
and will often be thrown back into the water.

Coarse anglers are arses of the first order, I agree. I mean, not eating
the fish you catch is a cardinal sin in my eyes.

However,
this does not mean that they do not suffer, and a large
number die during or shortly after being caught, from
stress or injury.

On this, I think you're talking ********. If such was the case, the
typical angling stretches of canals would be littered with dead fish
floating on the water after the anglers have departed, and such is not
the case, at least as far as I've seen.

Game angling involves the capturing and killing of fish
who are considered edible, such as sea trout, salmon
and grayling. Game anglers pay large amounts of money
for a licence to practise their ¡®sport¡¯. This gives them
access to game fisheries, which are rivers or lakes that are
purposely kept stocked with fish. Birds such as cormorants,
herons, owls and kingfishers, and mammals, such as,
otters, who are natural predators of the fish, are ruthlessly
killed in order to preserve the fish for the anglers.

So what? ****ing birds are a nuisance. Only a pity more of them aren't
edible.

Sea angling requires no licence and takes place on
beaches, rocks, piers and boats. As with game angling,
most fish caught in this way are killed and then eaten.
Examples of sea fish include eel, shark, bass and plaice.

So what? Fish are there to be eaten, you veggie arse.

Old June 4th, 2007, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse,uk.rec.fishing.game,uk.rec.fishing.sea,uk.d-i-y
Brownz \(mobile\)

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember Ian saying
something like:

Coarse angling is the capture of freshwater fish from
rivers and streams, such as pike, bream, rudd and tench.
These fish are inedible, so they are caught just for ¡®fun¡¯
and will often be thrown back into the water.

Coarse anglers are arses of the first order, I agree. I mean, not
eating the fish you catch is a cardinal sin in my eyes.

Grrrr.... :-P

If I ate all the fish I caught I'd be living on Whitebait for the rest of my
life.

(Good method for loosing a couple of stone though I suppose !)

--
Cheerz - Brownz
http://www.brownz.org/